Setting the Standard for Automation™
The International Society of Automation (ISA) is a non-profit professional association founded in 1945 to create a better world through automation. ISA advances technical competence by connecting the automation community to achieve operational excellence and is the trusted provider of standards-based foundational technical resources, driving the advancement of individual careers and the overall profession. ISA develops widely used global standards; certifies professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; hosts conferences and exhibits; and provides networking and career development programs for its members and customers around the world.
ISA created the ISA Global Cybersecurity Alliance (isa.org/ISAGCA) to advance cybersecurity readiness and awareness in manufacturing and critical infrastructure facilities and processes. The Alliance brings end-user companies, automation and control systems providers, IT infrastructure providers, services providers, system integrators, and other cybersecurity stakeholder organizations together to proactively address growing threats.
ISA owns Automation.com, a leading online publisher of automation-related content, and is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation (automationfederation.org), an association of non-profit organizations serving as “The Voice of Automation.” Through a wholly-owned subsidiary, ISA bridges the gap between standards and their implementation with the ISA Security Compliance Institute (isasecure.org) and the ISA Wireless Compliance Institute (isa100wci.org).
Create a better world through automation
Advance technical competence by connecting the automation community to achieve operational excellence
- Excellence - We provide industry leading unbiased content developed and vetted by a community of experts
- Integrity - We act with honesty, integrity, and trust—respecting others in all that we do
- Diversity and Inclusion - We strive to be a global, diverse, and welcoming organization
- Collaboration - We seek out opportunities to work together for the benefit of the Society, its members, and our profession
- Professionalism - We uphold the highest standards of competence and skill in everything we do
- Industry Reach and Awareness - Establish and advance ISA's relevance and credibility as the home of automation by anticipating industry needs, collaborating with stakeholders, and developing and delivering pertinent technical content.
- Member Development and Engagement - Enhance member value and expand engagement opportunities to nurture and grow a more diverse and global community to advance the automation profession.
- Technical Education and Certification - Become the recognized leader in automation and control education, provide training, certifications, and publications to prepare the workforce to address technology changes and industry challenges in the most flexible and relevant ways.
- Leadership and Business Skill Development - Create opportunities for members to improve critical leadership skills, to build a network of industry professionals, and to develop the next generation of automation professionals.
Providing Standards-Based Technical Resources to the Automation Community
For engineers, technicians, and management engaged in industrial automation, ISA is the trusted provider of standards-based foundational technical resources, driving the advancement of individual careers and the overall profession. ISA works in partnership with members, customers, and subject matter experts to source, analyze, validate, and disseminate the highest quality, unbiased information so that automation professionals worldwide can solve difficult technical problems and enhance their careers and capabilities. ISA brings the right people together to create the technologies of the future and share best practices with the next generation of automation professionals.
ISA's consensus industry standards are developed by thousands of automation professionals worldwide and focus on areas like safety, security, batch control, enterprise integration, and more.
ISA offers the Certified Automation Professional® (CAP®) and the Certified Control Systems Technician® (CCST®) programs along with certificate programs focused on safety and cybersecurity.
Education & Training
Individuals and companies rely on ISA to deliver standards-based, vendor-neutral, hands-on training via instructor-led, online, and in-plant courses delivered by industry veterans.
ISA publishes peer-reviewed resources, including books, InTech magazine, a journal, and thousands of technical papers.
Conferences & Exhibits
ISA offers seven division symposia and dozens of worldwide events, featuring technical presentations, keynote speakers, workshops, and training courses.
ISA Educational Foundation
The ISA Educational Foundation awards scholarships to students who demonstrate outstanding potential for long-range contribution to the fields of automation and control. Education institutions throughout the world are eligible to have their students receive support. Learn more about ISA scholarships.
The ISA Foundation is authorized to maintain both endowment and cash accounts. The Society encourages individuals and companies to consider gifts to support specific activities or departments. ISA can accept donations in any form, including stocks, bonds, real property, remainder trusts, and beneficiary of estates. Contact Customer Service for further information and help in making contributions.