To become an ISA CCST®, you must apply for and meet the education and work experience requirements for the level you are testing, and pass the test related to that certification. By paying the application fee, you are confirming that you are aware of, have met, and can document that you meet the requirements for the certification for which you are applying. You will be eligible to sit for the test when you have met the criteria listed below.
- Commit to the ISA Code of Conduct; and
- Be fully compliant with the CCST certification criteria, qualifications, and conditions for the level which you are applying (see requirements listed below), and
- Acknowledge that you are subject to a random application verification audit, and you fully agree to provide the supporting documents proving your qualifications
Education and Work Experience Requirements
Work experience and educational periods may not overlap when compiling the total number of years for a level. The following elements may be used to satisfy this requirement:
- A registered apprenticeship in an instrumentation, measurement and control, electronics, electrical, and/or mechanical program, if applicable.
- Academic degree (or equivalent) in a related technology area, to a maximum of four years.
- Successfully completing the CST Associate Recognition Program (Equals one year of experience).
CCST – Level I
Must have at least five years of combined education, training, and a minimum of one year of related work experience.
Apply for CCST – Level 1
CCST Specialist – Level 2
Must have at least seven years of combined education, training, and related work experience, including at least two years in instrumentation/measurement and control.
Apply for CCST Specialist – Level 2
CCST Master – Level 3
Must have at least 13 years of combined education, training, and related work experience, including at least five years in instrumentation/measurement and control.
Apply for CCST Master – Level 3