Society Officer, Executive Board, and Vice President Nominations.
Do you know someone who would make a great leader for ISA? Nominations are open through 1 March, 2022. Submit a nomination today.
- All nominations other than District Vice President are reviewed by the Nominating Committee
- Any ISA member may submit a nomination
- All eligible nominees are asked to submit a candidate packet
- The Nominating Committee reviews and evaluates candidate packets and may conduct interviews
- Nominations are also accepted by petition in accordance with ISA Bylaws
- The election is open in June to eligible voters
- District Vice Presidents nominations and elections are coordinated by the District Nominating Committee
- Any member of the District may recommend a candidate for District Vice President
The responsibilities of each group are outlined in the Society's Manual of Organization Charters. Below is a list of attributes desired in all elected leaders. Also included are detailed descriptions of the responsibilities of each role. Before applying for a leadership role, please review the obligations and ensure that you are willing to and have the support from your employer and family to meet these commitments.
ISA Leadership Attributes
- A contagious passion for promoting the ISA brand and the automation profession
- Strong knowledge of ISA’s core competencies, products and services
- An interest in visioning the role ISA plays in the future of the automation community
- The desire to understand the diversity of ISA’s constituencies and a commitment to act in the overall interests of the Society
- An understanding of basic financial principles with the ability to exercise sound business judgments
- An innovative mindset and ability to engage and empower members in driving change to meet strategic objectives
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to develop and lead teams with a willingness to hold volunteers accountable
- Executive Board Member
- Standards and Practices Vice President
- Automation & Technology or Industries and Sciences Vice President
- Publications Department Vice President
2021 Society Election Results
Thank you to all nominees for their willingness to serve and too all those who voted in the election.
President-Elect Secretary (2023 President)
- Marty Bince
Executive Board Members
- Ardis Bartle
- Maxym Lachance
- J. Andrew Parsons
- Jagdish Shukla
- Maurice Wilkins
Automation & Technology Vice President-Elect
- Andre Michel
Publications Vice President-Elect
- Nicholas Sands
Voter turnout reached 6.10%. All leaders will begin their term on 1 January 2022.