This policy covers Society positions and activities eligible for and requirements for travel expense reimbursement. This policy excludes funding provided by sections.
Positions and Activities Eligible for Funding
Generally, volunteer responsibilities can be accomplished virtually. Members of the Executive Board, if unable to secure support from his/her employer, may expense travel to the strategic planning meeting and the annual conference. Society Officers may reimburse travel to other activities, as agreed with the Executive Director, to serve as official representatives of ISA. This participation must serve the direct interest of ISA to qualify for reimbursement.
District Vice Presidents, in coordination with and approval of the Geographic Assembly and budget, may expense travel for District activities.
For the Society’s annual conference, assembly chairs, Society committee chairs, division directors, district vice presidents, and division and district elects in the year prior to taking the lead role, may request in advance, funding for airfare. No other expenses will be reimbursed by the Society.
Requests for reimbursement must be submitted within 30 days of the end of travel. When applicable, reimbursement is limited to the following, provided that electronic copies of receipts are included:
- Base level airfare or mileage for use of personal vehicle at the US federal allowance, provided this does not exceed the cost of air travel.
- Daily meal expenses of up to 100 USD. When separate bills for meals are not available, the names of the individuals present must be included with the expense report.
- Hotel rate for single occupancy equivalent to or lower than the negotiated group rate, when applicable.
- Hotel and/or airport parking for the duration of the activity.
- Transportation to and from the airport and activities.
- Bank fees for currency exchange associated with reimbursable expenses.
Examples of travel expenses NOT reimbursed:
- Rental cars not approved by ISA HQ in advance.
- Extended stay for purposes outside of eligible activity.
- Travel agency or administrator expenses.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, insurance, valet, spa, tuxedo rental, and entertainment.
Any member with questions or seeking further interpretation of this policy should contact the ISA Treasurer. Obtaining clarification should be completed in advance to avoid being liable for non-reimbursable expenses.