Length: 4 days
CEU Credits: 2.8
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Take this review course and schedule an electronic CCST exam on the date and at the location of your choosing—at no additional fee! That's a $398 savings! If you plan to take the exam, your exam fee will be waived ONLY if you attend the review course AND you meet the CCST qualifications.
ISA has recently changed the application process for the CCST program; now, there is no application form. By taking the exam, you self-certify that you:
- Are fully compliant with the CCST certification criteria, qualifications and conditions for which you are applying; and
- Acknowledge that you may be subject to a random ISA CCST verification audit and will fully agree to provide the supporting documents proving your qualifications.
Within ten (10) business days of making your payment, you would receive an email from ISA that contains your Prometric eligibility code and information to schedule your exam at a Prometric test center or to be remotely proctored via ProProctor during your assigned eligible exam testing window. You must take your exam within your Testing Window twelve (12) month eligibility period. For more information on scheduling an examination and testing center locations visit ISA's landing page at Prometric. All CCST exams are closed book.
Take a special event CCST Pencil/Paper Exam for FREE. Click here for details.
This is a fast paced review of the knowledge and practical skills necessary to install and maintain standard measurement and control instrumentation. It is intended for practicing technicians preparing for the CCST Level I exam. An explanation of the examination process and practice certification-type exams are provided.
You will be able to:
- Cite principles and theory that explain measurement and control instrument functions
- Describe procedures required to properly maintain the function of measurement and control instrumentation
- Identify the procedures and safety requirements for loop checking and its purpose
- Perform calculations and other analysis of information related to the calibration and troubleshooting of measurement and control instruments and systems
- Describe procedures required to safely start-up and shut-down a new or existing process
- Review normal tasks of process control technicians as outlined by the current CCST job task analysis.
- Define the education, experience, and examination requirements for becoming a CCST
- Identify important knowledge and skill requirements of a practicing CCST
- Describe the procedures involved in taking the CCST Level I exam
- Identify any need for further study or training in specific knowledge areas
- Complete a simulated CCST Level I Practice Exam at the end of each day
You will cover:
- Concepts of Process Control
- Calibration: Maintenance | Repair | Troubleshooting
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) Basics
- Project Start-Up, Commissioning, Loop Checking, Project Organization, Planning
- Evaluation of Loop Performance
- P&IDs and ISA Standards
- Installation Practices
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Intrinsic Safety
- Logical Analysis
- Common Problems
- Types and Uses of Loop Diagrams
- Basics of Smart Devices and Digital Controllers
- Calculating and Configuring Smart Transmitters
- Process Variables: Pressure | Level | Flow | Temperature | Analytical
- Final Control Elements
- Unit conversion calculations
- Calibration documentation and analysis
- Trouble recognition and analysis
- ISA CCST Level I practice exams
A hand-held/scientific calculator should be brought to class.
ISA Text Included:CCST ®Study Guide Level I
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org to start your company on the path to well-trained employees