1) To provide input to IEC SC65E WG4.
2) To define the interfaces for both the vertical and the horizontal data flow, called Function Control and Data Access, in the framework of a Client-Server architecture. It shall allow application software and configuration tools to interact with field devices in a unified way, while hiding the manufacturer-specific interaction with devices or sub-systems in a software module.
3) This standard shall allow any field bus, device or sub-system specific software tool to be integrated as part of a universal life-cycle management tool of a plant automation system.
1) To ensure the consistent management of a plant-wide control and automation technology, it is necessary to fully integrate fieldbuses, devices and sub-systems as seamless part of a wide range of automation tasks covering the whole automation life-cycle. The main aims are:
- Universal and central plant-wide tooling for the life-cycle management of heterogeneous fieldbus environments, multi-vendor devices and sub-systems independently of the automation domain (e.g. process, manufacturing)
- Integrated and consistent life-cycle data of the control system including the fieldbuses, devices and sub-systems
- Simple but still powerful vendor-independent integration of different automation devices and sub-systems into the life-cycle management tools of a control system.
2) The main application domains are industrial process control and manufacturing execution systems.
3) The benefits are savings in operation, engineering and maintenance of the control systems.
For more information, please contact
ISA Standards Administrator