A New Learning Tool for Automation Professionals Involved in Cybersecurity
ISA is pleased to introduce a new learning tool to address the challenges of cybersecurity within the field of industrial automation—microlearning modules, or MLMs. These short, 5- to 10-minute presentations are designed to help you understand the purpose of the ISA/IEC 62443 series of standards, the topics that are covered in the standards, and how the standards can be used to implement successful cybersecurity programs.
The ISA/IEC 62443 series of standards contains the information needed to create a robust cybersecurity program that encompasses all aspects of an enterprise from the board room to the plant floor. There are many facets of the standards that must be implemented to create a program that addresses the different types of risks found throughout the organization and the roles personnel play in designing, implementing, and maintaining a cybersecurity program.
The ISA MLM program strives to strengthen the infrastructure around the world by helping users understand:
- What roles in the company are responsible for specific tasks in the standards
- What individuals can do to support the enterprise cybersecurity effort
- The topics covered in the ISA/IEC 62443 series of standards
- How to use the standards to implement a successful cybersecurity program
- The benefits of implementing the ISA/IEC 62443 series of standards
A learning map is a set of MLMs focused on a specific area of industrial cybersecurity. Our first MLM learning map, IACS Cybersecurity for Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs), is now available to view for free via our YouTube channel. This set of modules is designed specifically for CISOs.