Offered in collaboration with Control System Integrator Association (CSIA)
Length: 2 weeks (Includes two, 4-hour web-based sessions/2x per week)
Professional Development Hours/Credit: 16 PDHs
CSIA and ISA have partnered to deliver this live, web-based project management training, specific to system integration companies and consistent with CSIA Best Practices©. The course is designed to prepare attendees (beginner to midlevel experienced project managers/engineers) to deliver on their daily project management responsibilities. Content coverage includes project initiation, definition/planning, execution, controlling, close out, and related phases. Roles and requirements are also discussed, along with the techniques and sample tools needed to work with project managers of the client’s organization.
The course will be conducted remotely by a live, experienced instructor in short sessions over several days leveraging distance learning web technology. This delivery approach allows attendees to continue to work on their normal job duties and at the same time apply the newly gained knowledge on their work projects between sessions.
You will be able to:
- Identify project goals/objectives and plan to succeed
- Define project Knowledge Areas
- Define project customers and managing relationships
- Use proven techniques in managing teams, project execution and contracts
- Develop scope of work and required work tasks
- Explain objectives critical to automation projects (Scope, Time, Cost, Quality) vs. objectives typical of other projects (Scope, Time, Cost) resulting in Customer Satisfaction
- Administer development of key deliverables of a project
- Achieve optimum relationships with other project stakeholders
- Prepare Project Execution Plan
- Use PM tools for managing execution and preparing PM reports
- Lead team to attain project goals and customer approval
You will cover:
- Introduction: Scope of Course | Intent and Overall Purpose | Project Basics
- PM Fundamentals: Activity Phase Concept | Best Practices | Phase Interaction | What and How to Do it | Do it
- Project Development: Schedule Preparation | PERT | CPM | GANT | Cost
- Initiation Phase: | Scope of Work | Client Expectations | Quality Planning I Estimates I Definitions
- Project Planning: Project Plan Basics | Work Breakdown Structure | Identification of Responsibilities | Risk Registers| Schedule Preparation | Project Budget Preparation I Project Baselines I Types of Contracts
- Executing the Project: Tools | Duties | Managing Time | Leading Meetings | Prioritizing Goals | Responding to Client Needs | Resource Allocation | Project Deliverables | Hardware Delivery | Software Programming
- Controlling the Project: Scope Changes | Change Management | Risk Management I Status Reporting and Updates | Earned Value | Expended Work Hours | Forecast to Complete
- Project Closing: Close Out Process | Final Reports | Customer Survey | Files and Storage
- Project Life Cycle – creating network diagram using activities and their relationships
- Practice project scheduling techniques
- Demonstrate risk review and analysis techniques
- Sample exercises, tools and forms for project status monitoring and reporting
*Exercise scenarios provided to represent typical projects managed by system integrators.
- Due to remote course delivery, it is necessary for the participants to have access to a PC or laptop with adequate internet connectivity with a Java-enabled Web browser, and a separate telephone line for the audio connection.
- Connection instructions for both the audio and visual portions of the course will be emailed to all registrants closer to the start date of the course. Course delivery and access will be via the WebEx platform.
- An electronic copy of the course materials will also be provided prior to the start of the course. You must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the course materials. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, go to the following website to download: https://get.adobe.com/reader/