Length: 3 days
Certificate Program: Part of the ISA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Certificate Program
Your course registration includes your registration for the exam.
Looking for the online version of this course?
View our online resources page for this course and many others.
The second phase in the IACS Cybersecurity Lifecycle (defined in ISA/IEC 62443-1-1) focuses on the activities associated with the design and implementation of IACS cybersecurity countermeasures. This involves the selection of appropriate countermeasures based upon their security level capability and the nature of the threats and vulnerabilities identified in the Assess phase. This phase also includes cybersecurity acceptance testing of the integrated solution, in order to validate countermeasures are properly implemented and that the IACS has achieved the target security level.
This course will provide students with the information and skills to select and implement cybersecurity countermeasures for a new or existing IACS in order to achieve the target security level assigned to each IACS zone or conduit. Additionally, students will learn how to develop and execute test plans to verify that the cybersecurity of an IACS solution has properly satisfied the objectives in the cybersecurity requirements specification.
You will be able to
- Interpret the results of an ICS cybersecurity risk assessment
- Develop a cybersecurity requirements specification (CRS)
- Develop a conceptual design based upon information in a well-crafted CRS
- Explain the security development lifecycle process and deliverables
- Perform a basic firewall configuration and commissioning
- Design a secure remote access solution
- Develop system hardening specification
- Implement a basic network intrusion detection system
- Develop a Cybersecurity Acceptance test plan (CFAT/CSAT)
- Perform a basic CFAT or CSAT
You Will Cover
- Introduction to the ICS Cybersecurity Lifecycle
- Assessment phase
- Implementation phase
- Maintenance phase
- Conceptual Design Process
- Interpreting risk assessment results
- Cybersecurity requirements specifications
- Developing a conceptual design
- Conceptual design specification
- Detailed Design Process
- Security Development Lifecycle (SDL)
- Types of technology
- Selecting appropriate technology
- Developing a detailed design
- Documenting the design/specification
- Design & Implementation Examples
- Firewall design example
- Remote access design example
- System hardening design example
- Intrusion detection design example
- Developing test plans
- Cybersecurity Factory Acceptance Testing
- Cybersecurity Site Acceptance Testing
- Building the Board
- Defining USB Policy and Procedure
- Network Device Hardening
- Remote Access
- Using 62443 3-3 to Validate SL-A
Who Should Attend
- Control systems engineers and managers
- System Integrators
- IT engineers and managers industrial facilities
- Plant managers
- Plant Safety and Risk Management
ISA Courses IC32 and IC33 or equivalent knowledge/experience.
For more information
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.