Length: 2 days
CEU Credits: 1.4
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This course provides a detailed, systematic approach to specifying and implementing instrumentation in hazardous locations. Related standards from National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), American Petroleum Institute (API), and ISA are discussed.
You will be able to:
- Identify process and environmental factors that determine classification
- Describe and use procedures for electrical classification
- Use applicable standards to develop classification drawings for gases, dusts, and fibers
- Describe the basic principles of protection
- Select explosion proof apparatus for specific applications
- Determine when and why explosion seals should be used
- Specify the use of intrinsically safe and nonincendive systems
- Select the appropriate protective techniques for different hazards
- Select alternative protective techniques for reduced cost
What you'll cover:
The course consists of the following main topics and subtopics:
- Location Classification Standards
- Class I Division Classification
- Class I Zone Classification
- Class I Zone (Alternative) Classification
- Class II Division Classification
- Class III Division Classification
- Zone Classification by Dusts
- Protection Techniques Standards
- Enclosure Types
- Explosion Proof Enclosures
- Intrinsic Safety
- Nonincendive Systems
- Pressurization & Purging
- Other Types of Protection
- Grounding Considerations
- Maintenance Considerations
- Area Classification
- Classification Drawings
- Barrier Specifications
Includes ISA Standards:
- ANSI/ISARP12.06.01-2003 - Intrinsic Safety
- ANSI/ISATR12.24.01-1998 (IEC 60079-10 Mod) - Class I, Zones 0, 1, and 2
- ANSI/ISA12.01.01-2009 - Definitions
- ANSI/ISA12.12.01-2013 - Nonincendive
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.