Protecting people and assets in automation environments
Expert-led safety training with real-world application from a global leader in automation and control training
Process safety and preventing catastrophic accidents is a critical concern for all manufacturing and process plant employees. The International Society of Automation (ISA) is a world leader in training automation and control professionals on the proven safety standards, technologies, and procedures that can identify and mitigate safety hazards in industrial environments.
ISA has been at the forefront of developing safety standards in manufacturing and process industries for decades. In 1986, ISA first released the ISA84 standard: Functional Safety-Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) for the Process Industry Sector, which enables manufacturers to systematically and continuously identify, reduce, and manage process safety risks. A series of ISA84 (IEC 61511) standards has since been developed, further improving functional safety throughout the world, particularly in the chemical, petrochemical, and oil and gas industries, thus reversing the trend of dangerous failures in industrial automation.
During this time, ISA also introduced several other vital automation standards to improve safety in fossil fuel plants and in the operation of burner management systems (ISA77) and nuclear power facilities (ISA67). To boost awareness about the need for plant safety and increase compliance with sound safety practices, ISA offers a wide variety of training courses, as well as certificate programs, focused directly on ISA and other well-accepted industry safety standards.
ISA is continually broadening and strengthening its safety-centric instructional and educational resources. From process safety fundamentals and SIS design to advanced Safety Integrity Level selection and verification-and everything in between-ISA covers plant safety from every angle and across all systems, disciplines, and topics including:
- Abnormal Condition Management
- Alarm Management
- Burner Management
- Fire and Gas
- Field Devices
- Tank Farms
ISA's world-renowned safety experts provide the comprehensive, practical instruction needed to immediately apply knowledge in the workplace, and through a wide variety of learning formats.
Click on a training course title to learn more about that course and its scheduled offerings:
- Safety Instrumented Systems: A Life-Cycle Approach (Classroom Version) (EC50)
- Safety Instrumented Systems: A Life-Cycle Approach (Online Version) (EC50E)
- Advanced Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Selection EC52
- Advanced Design and SIL Verification (EC54)
- Fire and Gas System Engineering-Performance Based Methods for Process Facilities (EC56P)
- Applying Instrumentation in Hazardous (Classified) Locations (ES10)
- Applying Instrumentation in Hazardous Locations (Online Version) – (ES10E)
- Boiler Control Systems Engineering (ES15)
- Burner Management Systems Engineering Using NFPA Code 85 and ANSI/ISA77 Standards (ES16)
- ANSI/ISA-67.04-2006: Setpoints for Nuclear Safety-Related Instrumentation (IC68P)
Ofrecido en español
- Sistemas Instrumentados de Seguridad: Un enfoque de ciclo de vida (EC50SP)
- Sistemas Instrumentados de Seguridad: Un enfoque de ciclo de vida (versión en línea) (EC50ESP)
- Selección Avanzada de Nivel Integral de Seguridad - SIL (EC52SP)
- Verificación Avanzada de Nivel Integral de Seguridad - SIL (EC54SP)
Why ISA Training?
All ISA training courses provide real-life examples and case histories, further reinforcing the practical and relevant nature of ISA training. To ensure flexibility and to meet varying customer needs, ISA offers safety training at a variety of locations: at ISA headquarters in North Carolina, at ISA's many regional training centers, and onsite directly at customer facilities.
Bring ISA safety training right to you!
Save on training when you join ISA!
ISA members save 20% and ISA Automation Affiliate members save 10% on the Community Member/List price for all ISA training courses and products. Join Now!
Additional Safety Resources from ISA
- ANSI/ISA-84.00.01-2004-Functional Safety: Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector
- Part 1 (IEC 61511-1 Mod)
- Part 2 (IEC 61511-2 Mod)
- Part 3 (IEC 61511-3 Mod
- ISA-TR84.00.04-2011, Part 1 (IEC 61511)-Guideline for the Implementation of ANSI/ISA-84.00.01-2004
- ISA-TR84.00.04-2005, Part 2 (IEC 61511 Mod)-Example Implementation of ANSI/ISA-84.00.01-2004
- ANSI/ISA-84.91.01-2012-Identification and Mechanical Integrity of Safety Controls, Alarms, and Interlocks in the Process Industry
- ANSI/ISA-18.2-2009 - Management of Alarm Systems for the Process Industries
- ISA-TR18.2.4-2012 - Enhanced and Advanced Alarm Methods
- ISA-TR18.2.5-2012 - Alarm System Monitoring, Assessment, and Auditing
- ISA-TR18.2.6-2012 - Alarm Systems for Batch and Discrete Processes
- ANSI/ISA-67.04.01-2006 (R2011) -Setpoints for Nuclear Safety-Related Instrumentation
- ISA-RP67.04.02-2010 - Methodologies for the Determination of Setpoints for Nuclear Safety-Related Instrumentation
- ISA-RP77.60.02-2010 - Fossil Fuel Power Plant Human-Machine Interface: Hard Panel Alarms
- ANSI/ISA-77.41.01-2010 - Fossil Fuel Power Plant Boiler Combustion Controls
- Control Systems Safety Evaluation and Reliability, Third Edition
by William M. Goble
- Safety Equipment Reliability Handbook, Third Edition
- Safety Instrumented Systems: Design, Analysis, and Justification, Second Edition
by Paul Gruhn, P.E., CFSE and Harry L. Cheddie, P.Eng., CFSE
- Safety Instrumented Systems Verification-Practical Probabilistic Calculations
by William M. Goble and Harry Cheddie
- Safety Integrity Level Selection-Systematic Methods Including Layer of Protection Analysis
by Edward M. Marszal, P.E. and Dr. Eric W. Scharpf, MIPENZ
- Safety Profiles for Real-Time Ethernet-Based Industrial Automation Networks
by Alberto Elia, Luca Ferrarini, and Carlo Veber