David W. Spitzer After receiving his MSEE in optimal control, David obtained over 25 years experience in many facets of instrumentation, process control, electrical, and utility engineering, including conceptualization, estimating, design, construction, startup, operation, troubleshooting, and teaching. David is a registered Professional Engineer and also served on the board of directors of Weed Instrument. He has worked for United States Steel, Mobay Chemical, and Nepera Chemical, and has consulted for numerous other companies worldwide. David is currently on the editorial advisory boards of Intech, Intech Brasil, Flow Control magazines, and on various ASME committees for the measurement of fluid flow.
David is the author of several textbooks used in the industry and has taught numerous training seminars internationally for over 20 years. Some of David's books include:
- Industrial Flow Measurement - 3rd Edition, ISA, 2004
- Variable Speed Drives: Principles and Applications for Energy Cost Savings - 3rd Edition, ISA, 2004
- Flow Measurement - 2nd Edition, ISA, 2001 (editor)
- The Consumer Guide to... Book Series for Flowmeters
He has also received many industry awards, including:
- ISA 2002 UOP Technology Award "in recognition of contributions to the development and education of flow measurement technology in the chemical process industries."
- ISA Fairfield County Section Technical Achievement Award 1995
- CONTROL Magazine Chemical Industry 1993 Engineer of the Year "recognizing exemplary individuals who typify excellence in the field of instrumentation and control who have performed above and beyond the call of duty."
- ISA 1992 Douglas H. Annin Award "recognizing creative and novel approaches to the application of flowmeters."
- ISA Process Measurement and Control Division ISA84 Best Paper Award