Length: 4.5 days
CEU Credits: 3.2
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
This lab-intensive course focuses on configuration fundamentals, the calibration process, the measurements of multiple variables, and the utilization of computer-based configuration tools for digital transmitters utilizing HART, Fieldbus and Wireless protocols.
This course offers a hands-on, working knowledge of smart field devices with an emphasis on measurement accuracy, advanced information gathering, decreased maintenance time, ease-of-configuration and calibration, and diagnostic capabilities. You will cover uses in conventional systems and improved communications when combined with digital control networks. You will also be exposed to various hand-held communicators and computer-based configuration and diagnostic software.
Note: Formerly ISA TS16. This new course now entails the technologies of fieldbus and wireless smart devices.
You will be able to:
- Differentiate between analog and digital instruments
- Formulate how digital signal sampling works in digital instruments
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of digital instruments
- Identify the effects of using digital instruments in closed loop control
- Configure, re-range, and calibrate digital field devices
- Test the capabilities of HART™ communication
- Test the operation of a digital multivariable transmitter
- Test the operation of multi-drop transmitter applications
- Communicate with digital devices utilizing computer-based software
- Configure and test Fieldbus devices
- Configure and test wireless devices
You will cover:
- Analog vs. Digital Instruments: Analog Limitations | Calibration of Analog vs. Digital Instruments | Flexibility of Digital Instruments | Digital Signal Transmission
- Digital Signal Sampling: Sampler | Sampled Signal Characteristics | Output of A/D Converter | Sampling Speed | Measurement Accuracies
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Digital Instruments: Effect on Performance | Multiple Measurements | Error Messaging | Future Development
- Calibration of Digital Devices: Pressure Zero Trims | Sensor Calibration
- Digital Communications Protocols: Modem | FSK | Protocol | Fieldbus | Wireless
- HART Communication: Features | Master/Slave Communications | Point-to-Point | Capabilities of HART
- Smart Multivariable Transmitters: How They Work | How They Transmit Multiple Variables
- Configure and test HART protocol digital transmitters
- Perform sensor trims and calibrations
- Use various communication tools to configure smart field devices
- Measure and transmit multiple variables
- Utilize diagnostic messages to determine proper configuration
- Configure and test Fieldbus and Wireless protocol devices
- Experience in digital transmitter fundamentals, application, and maintenance
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org to start your company on the path to well-trained employees