Course Length: 5 days
CEU Credits: 3.5
This course gives you the basic tools to design and build your Industrial and Automation Control Systems (IACS). Following the convergence of IT and OT technologies, you will learn the underlying principles behind today's current IACS networks. Discover how 5G has influenced the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Focusing on the Physical, Datalink and Network layers of the ISO/OSI reference model, you will learn the basic workings of serial, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Fiber optics and Wireless technologies. Hands-on exercises and case histories will help both IT and OT personnel understand your existing IACS networks and how to design and build a proper IACS network infrastructure which conforms to current industry and international security standards.
You will be able to:
- Understand the evolution and convergence of IT and OT Technologies.
- Discover how 5G has influenced the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Support existing traditional and current serial standards, such as EIA-232, 422, 423, and 485, in industrial plant floor settings
- Identify Local Area Network (LAN) topologies and protocols: Modbus/RTU, Device Net, CIP, DNP, ProfiNet, HART
- Differentiate between different wireless and Industrial Ethernet alternatives
- Design and test Fiber Optics Networks
- Design and test secure Wireless Networks
- Create VLANs
- Understand the tools necessary to design build and test a secure Industrial Network
- Test and troubleshoot Industrial networks
You will cover:
- What is IT? OT? Evolution of IT, OT.
- Who are I&C Personnel
- The Convergence of IT and OT
- The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- What is Data Communications?: ISO/OSI Reference Model | Terminology Basics
- Serial Communications: Modem Principles | The EIA-232E Standard | Beyond 232: EIA-422/423/485/530 Standards
- Wide Area Communications: IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, Zigbee, 5G
- Wireless Industrial Communications: ISA100, Wireless HART, Wireless Fieldbus, Wireless Profibus
- The Digital TelCo system: T1/T3 circuits, ISDN, xDSL, Frame Relay, ATM and SONET
- The Internet: How is it different? How does it fit in?
- Data Link Layer Basics: Data Encoding | Error Detection/Correction Schemes
- Industrial Protocols: Modbus and Modbus/IP, CIP, DNP3.0
- TCP/IP basics: Overview of Ethernet Technology | Ethernet Cabling and Configuration Rules | Repeaters, Bridges, Routers, and Gateways | Industrial Ethernet Design Techniques
- Fiber optics: standards, cables, applications, limitations
- Basics of Managed Switches: Create VLANs, QoS
- Introduction to IPV6
- Troubleshooting Industrial Networks and Fieldbuses: Five Rules for Troubleshooting | Troubleshooting with Statistics | Troubleshooting Tools
- Solve EIA-232 Cabling Problems
- Use protocol analyzers to capture serial and network traffic
- Use oscilloscopes to analyze network signals
- Use cable analyzers to diagnose cable/fiber optic problems
- Troubleshoot Ethernet/Windows networks
- Configure Managed Switches: QoS, VLANS
- Build and troubleshoot Subnets
- Configure and Diagnose Secure Wireless Communications
Includes ISA Text: Industrial Data Communications, Latest Edition
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.