This online course reviews the knowledge and skills areas included on the new Certified Control Systems Technician® (CCST®) Level III examination. The intent is to prepare an automation professional who meets the exam criteria to take the exam. The content is based on the latest Job Analysis Domains, Tasks, Knowledge Areas, and Skill Areas developed, and regularly reviewed and updated as the basis for the CCST certification exam.
ISA's CyberU online instructor-led training course offers the benefit of a high quality ISA training course with the added advantage of studying at your own pace in the office, at home or while traveling.
This online course utilizes online training modules, online evaluations, additional homework and exercise modules and email discussions. Students will have access via email to an instructor and have an opportunity to participate in live Q&A sessions with the instructor and other class participants. You will have access to the online modules 24/7 throughout the course. Each module takes approximately 60 minutes. Your course syllabus will guide you through the course modules, provide assignments, and the schedule for each live Q & A session.
You will be able to:
- Define the scope and format of the CCST Level III exam
- Compare process variable measurements and control valve selections
- Discuss how the various types of control technologies are used in industrial automation, including process control from basic to advanced control, discrete, batch, motor and, motion control
- Determine the requirement for tuning and discuss tuning procedures
- Identify the range of digital communications used in automation and how these are used in system integration
- Explain when safety instrumented systems (SISs) are needed and how they are specified
- Apply the critical areas of regulatory procedures and project documentation
- Interpret the best practice methodology for troubleshooting automation projects
You will cover:
- Week 1: Review of Process Information, Domain 1, and Process Control Concepts
- Week 2: Number Systems, Instrument Performance, and Calibration Equipment and Procedures
- Week 3: Common Measurement Instruments
- Week 4: Final Control Elements, Domain 2, and Feedback Control Strategies
- Week 5: Advanced Control Strategies, Loop Checking Concepts, and Start-up Concerns
- Week 6: Domain 3, Symbols and Identification, P&IDs, and Other Project Documents
- Week 7: Domain 4, Troubleshooting, and Installation in Hazardous Areas
- Week 8: Instrument Maintenance and Installation Practices
- Week 9: Tuning Methods, and Project Management
- Week 10: Risk Assessments
- Week 11: Applicable Standards
- Week 12: Programmable Electronic Systems
- Week 13: Networking and Fieldbuses
- Week 14: Cybersecurity
- Week 15: Final Exam
Course Materials (Digital Format):
- Course noteset with slides from course modules and course syllabus
- Includes ISA Text: CCST Level III Study Guide
Features of ISA CyberU online course:
Online Pre-recorded Course Modules
Your instructor has pre-recorded each course module so that you can access the course presentations on your schedule. Each module is a web/audio session that takes approximately 60 minutes.
Ask the Expert
Interact with your expert instructor, via email throughout the course and through scheduled live Q& A sessions. You can expect a reply to your email within 24 hours. This email address is active during the entire course duration.
The Q&A sessions provide an opportunity for you and your classmates to speak one-on-one with the instructor. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the course material and interact with your fellow classmates.
You will be invited to subscribe to a course listserve that includes course participants. You can use this listserve to post questions and share experience relevant to the course with other class members.
Course Assignments and Exams
- Take the course pre-test before you begin studying the course material to get a better understanding of areas that you will want to focus on more during the course.
- Homework assignments for all modules will be indicated on the syllabus. The homework assignments are designed to help expand your understanding of the course material.
- Complete the final exam for the course in order to receive Continuing Education Units (CEU) credit. The final exam will be taken and scored online. You must receive at least 80% on the course exam to receive CEU credit.
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) credits are awarded to all students who successfully complete the final course exam.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees