Take this review course and schedule an electronic CCST exam on the date and at the location of your choosing—at no additional fee! That's a $398 savings! The exam fee will be waived ONLY if you attend the review course AND you meet the CCST qualifications. You must submit a CCST application and your course registration form six (6) weeks prior to your course date to be eligible for this offer.
This course reviews the knowledge and skills areas included on the Certified Control Systems Technician® (CCST®) Level III examination. The intent is to prepare an automation professional who meets the exam criteria to take the exam. The content is based on the Job Analysis Domains, Tasks, Knowledge Areas, and Skill Areas developed as the basis for the CCST certification exam.
You will be able to:
- Define the scope and format of the CCST Level III exam
- Compare process variable measurements and control valve selections
- Discuss how the various types of control technologies are used in industrial automation, including process control from basic to advanced control, discrete, batch, motor and, motion control
- Determine the requirement for tuning and discuss tuning procedures
- Identify the range of digital communications used in automation and how these are used in system integration
- Explain when safety instrumented systems (SISs) are needed and how they are specified
- Apply the critical areas of regulatory procedures and project documentation
- Interpret the best practice methodology for troubleshooting automation projects
You will cover:
- Field Devices: Pressure, Level, Temperature, and Flow Measurement | Analytical Measurement | Discrete Field Devices | Control Valves | Communication Concepts | Smart Instruments | Foundation Fieldbus
- Control and Simulation: Response and Loop Characteristics | PID Control | Advanced Regulatory Control | Multi-variable Control | Distributed Control System | Control Strategy Design Steps | Documentation | Batch Control | Discrete Control | Drive Control | Motion Control
- Operator Interface and Alarm Management: Human Machine Interface (HMI) | Historical Data
- Safety, Reliability, and Electrical: Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) | Hazardous Area Classification | Protection Techniques | Intrinsic Safety | Pressurized Enclosures | Grounding, Shielding, and Interference
- Maintenance Management: General Maintenance Activities | Maintenance Repair and Improvement | Computerized Maintenance Management | Maintenance Execution Responsibilities
- Workflow and Project Leadership: Project Justification | Communications and Team Processes
- Practice taking CCST exam-style
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org to start your company on the path to well-trained employees