Length: 4 days
CEU Credits: 2.8
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Take this review course and schedule an electronic CCST exam on the date and at the location of your choosing—at no additional fee! That's a $398 savings! The exam fee will be waived ONLY if you attend the review course AND you meet the CCST qualifications. You must submit a CCST application and your course registration form six (6) weeks prior to your course date to be eligible for this offer.
Upon approval of your application, you will receive an eligibility letter with instructions on when and how to schedule your exam electronically. You must take your exam within your Testing Window twelve (12) month eligibility period. For more information on scheduling an examination and testing center locations visit www.isa.org/exam schedule. All CCST exams are closed book.
Take a special event CCST Pencil/Paper Exam for FREE. Click here for details.
This is a fast-paced review of the knowledge and skills necessary for technicians with 7+ years of practical experience who are preparing to sit for the CCST Level II exam. An explanation of the requirements, examination process and practice certification-type exams are provided.
You will be able to:
- Explain multi-step troubleshooting methodology
- Evaluate control systems tuning and system response to changes in control parameters
- Describe the isolation of a process component from an operational system to perform proper testing, maintenance, or troubleshooting
- Evaluate installed industrial network data and performance using network diagnostic tools
- Explain the process to identify and correct problems that may arise during the commissioning of control systems
- Verify final control element functionality through manipulated variables using controller mode and output functions
- Define system documentation and symbology to effectively troubleshoot instrumentation, control loops, and electrical and pneumatic installations
- Identify electrical or hazard area classifications and determine appropriate procedures to be followed for safe and effective operation
- Identify any need for further study or training in specific knowledge areas
You will cover:
- Concepts of Process Control | Instrument Air
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) | Basic Measuring Units
- Fundamentals of Instrumentation
- Temperature | Pressure | Flow | Level
- Analyzers | Final Control Elements
- Safety | Electricity
- Advancing Technologies | Numbering Systems
- PLCS Basics | Basic Requirements for Protocol
- Fieldbus | Communications Protocol
- Fiber Optics | SCADA
- Process Dynamics | Control Action
- PID | Tuning | Advanced Control Strategy
- Calibration | Instrument Performance
- Pressure Test & Calibration Equipment | Instrument Maintenance
- Best Procedures for LAN's | Troubleshooting with Statistics | Tools
- DCS Troubleshooting | Hazardous Locations
- Installation | Start-Up | Loop Checking
ISA CCST Level II practice exams
ISA Text Included:
CCST® Study Guide Level II
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.