Course Length: 1 day (7 hours)
This course will focus on electrical control devices that are frequently overlooked in a formal training programs. It will speed up the learning process involving electrical devices and result in a higher level of job performance. It will help improve knowledge-based skills, improve work flow efficiencies and minimize errors that result in unsafe circumstances and possible personal injury and property losses.
You will be able to:
- Use proper terminology and electrical symbols.
- Make measurements of voltage, current and resistance.
- Become familiar with the distribution of electrical power.
- Make proper electrical connections.
- Check various control devices for proper operation.
- Use and describe the purpose of control relays for various applications.
- Use and describe the function of timing and counting relays.
- Use schematics, wiring diagrams and electrical ladder logic to commission, troubleshoot and maintain electrical controls
- Use switches, pushbuttons, selector switches, solenoids, timing relays, counters, basic motion and speed control devices
- Use electrical control devices to control the operation and failure modes for valve control applications and various process variables
You Will Cover:
- Electrical Standards and Best Practices
- NFPA – National Fire Protection Association
- Power Sources
- Wiring and Electrical Connections
- Fuses and Circuit Breakers
- Electrical Switching and Communication
- Plug-In Relays
- Timing Relays
- Electrical Ladder Logic
- Valve Control
Who should attend?
Control System Technicians that need training to reinforce their knowledge of basic electricity and develop skills required to install and maintain electrical control devices.