Length: 4.5 days
Hours/PDHs: 32 Hours/32 PDHs
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This course will focus on electrical controls that are frequently overlooked in a formal training program. The content will begin with Ohm's Law and cover content all the way through technical troubleshooting aspects. The course is geared toward any level technician who wants a thorough review of electrical process concepts to reinforce their knowledge of basic electricity and develop skills required to install and maintain electrical control devices.
You will be able to:
- Use proper terminology and electrical symbols
- Describe the basics of power distribution
- Check various control devices for proper operation
- Make proper electrical connections
- Describe the purpose of control relays for various applications
- Explain the function of timing and counting relays.
- Apply schematics, wiring diagrams and electrical ladder logic to commission, troubleshoot and maintain electrical controls such as switches, pushbuttons, selector switches, solenoids, timing relays, counters, basic motion and speed control devices.
- Use electrical control devices to control the operation and failure modes for valve control applications.
You will cover:
- Electrical Standards and Best Practices/NFPA
- Power Sources
- Wiring and Electrical Connections
- Fuses and Circuit Breakers
- Electrical Switching and Communication
- Plug-In Relays
- Timing Relays
- Electrical Ladder Logic
- Valve Control
- Making wiring connections
- Wiring and Proper use of plug-in relays
- Use of pushbuttons, switches, relays and pilot lights to build and test the AND, NAND, OR, NOT, NOR, XOR, XNOR relay logic.
- Solenoid Valves and Valve Control
- Completion of ISA TI15 or equivalent work experience
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.