Length: 2 days
CEU Credits: 1.4
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This course covers correct technology, operation, and maintenance of pneumatic instruments employed in modern process facilities. The emphasis is on valves, valve positioners, controllers, and transmitters.
You will be able to:
- Describe the operation of various pneumatic devices including bellows, diaphragm, Bourdon tube, flapper/nozzle mechanism, and pressure transmitters
- Discuss performance characteristics and identify errors associated with the operation of pneumatic measurement and control instruments
- Describe the specific tools used for pneumatic maintenance in a contemporary plant environment
- Discuss pneumatic air supply and components of air distribution
- Calibrate a differential pressure transmitter for a dip tube application
- Describe operation of various I/Ps (transducers)
- Discuss the function of a control valve and actuator in a typical loop
- Describe various types of actuators and positioners and discuss the characteristics and applications of each
- Describe valve/trim characteristics set by a pneumatic positioner and discuss the effect each has on loop performance
- Bench check and operate a pneumatic valve actuator, performing a five point calibration check on the positioner
- Perform a feedback control loop demonstration using a pneumatic controller
You will cover:
- Review of Fundamental Concepts: Feedback Control | Symbology | Documentation
- Pneumatic Device Operation: Instrument Air | Pneumatic Elements | Pneumatic Transmitters | Pneumatic Relay
- Instrument Performance: Errors | Conformance | Range and Span | Zero Error | Span Error | Accuracy | Repeatability | Linearity | Hysteresis
- Instrument Calibration: Procedures | Tools | Calibration Block Diagram | Dead Weight Tester | Pneumatic Calibrator | Heirarchy of Standards | Five-Point Calibration Check | Shop or Field Calibration
- D/P Level Applications: Hydrostatic Head | Level Measurement | Bubbler | Level Measurement | Level Transmitter | Open Tank Installation | Remote Seals, Liquid, Closed Tank | Dip Tube for Density | Density Measurement
- Transducers: I/P Operation | Globe Valve | Diaphragm Valve | Pinch Valve | Ball Valve | Bufferfly Valve | Actuator Types | Actuator Operation | Fail Safe | Acuator Selection | Actuator Sizing
- Positioners: Operation | Applications | Single Acting Positioner | Loop Response | System Dynamics | Final Control Element | Volume Booster | Double Acting Positioner | Electro-Pneumatic Positioners
- Accessories: Solenoids | Regulators | Sizing | Limit Switches
- Maintenance: Procedures | Distribution Systems | Instruments | Bench Set / Bench Range | Tools
- Pneumatic Gage & Differential Pressure Transmitter Calibration
- D/P Liquid Level Measurement with Bubbler System
- Control Valve with Positioner: Familiarization and Operation
- A hand-held/scientific calculator should be brought to class
Includes ISA Standard:
- ANSI/ISA-7.0.01-1996 - Quality Standard for Instrument Air
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.