Length: 1 days
CEU Credits: .7
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
The industrial processing and manufacturing world face considerable technical and practical challenges as it strives to provide safe, secure, profitable operations in a wide range of settings with varying levels of automation. In many instances where new sensors and instrumentation technology are being developed for specific use cases identified by the manufacturers, the vendors arrive at solutions that require remote access, may or may not require interoperability with legacy equipment. Perhaps even more importantly is that such system designs and associated operational processes come into direct conflict with cybersecurity demands. The issues – technical, logistical, programmatic – associated with cybersecurity for automation systems continue to expand in scope and urgency. This is driven by the increasing use of network-centric components and instrumentation that is integrated into modern DCS, SCADA, Cloud-Edge and IT/OT systems. This has led to greater capability and connectivity from the advancements of sensors in industrial technologies with a clear need of cybersecurity. This course provides the student with the placement and usage of CyberSensors in your overall strategy.
Who should attend?
- Project Engineers
- Maintenance Supervisors and Technicians
- Analyzer Supervisors and Technicians
- Measurement Technicians
- IT/OT Security Professionals
- SCADA and Automation Engineers
- Red Team/Blue Team Penetration Testers
You will be able to:
- Understand current cybersecurity threats to instrumentation, sensors, automation systems
- Understand the security needs of the IT/OT department
- Understand how CyberSensors and software applications utilizing different communications technologies may exist in your digital system.
- Discuss and Identify wireless technology used in IIoT and Smart Manufacturing deployments.
- Discuss and review WirelessHART, Bluetooth, Cellular and industrial applications and protocols.
- Identify secure methods for connecting CyberSensors to operation systems.
- Visualize how to apply advanced CyberSensor technology to solve real industrial applications
- Examine the role of “the cloud” in cybersecurity for automation systems
- Examine the marketplace for relevant current and near-term future cybersecurity instrumentation and communication technologies and make an informed selection for a particular application.
- Will be able to understand the technologies and the applications they are used in and what if any security is implemented in the technology.
You will cover:
- An Overview of Automation Networking & Communications
- Wireless technologies
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals
- Network Designs and Topologies: Old, New and the Implications of the Industrial Internet of Things
- Reference Designs & Practices: Successes and Failures
- Advanced CyberSensor Communications & Networking Concepts
- Case Study of CyberPhysical Security for Automation Systems circa 2017
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.