Length: 2 days
CEU Credits: 1.4
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This 2-day course focuses on the key activities of the alarm management lifecycle provided in the ANSI/ISA18.2 standard, Management of Alarm Systems for the Process Industries, and the IEC version, IEC62682. The activities include the alarm philosophy development, alarm rationalization, basic alarm design, advanced alarm techniques, HMI design for alarms, monitoring, assessment, management of change, and audit. Key workshops help demonstrate the concepts of these lifecycle activities.
Participants will learn the activities of the alarm management lifecycle and how they address the common problems of alarm systems. Key benefits of attending this course include:
- Learning the best practices to improve the alarm system performance
- Learning methods to solve common alarm management problems
- Learning the metrics to measure success in alarm management
- Learning the requirements of the ANSI/ISA standard on Management of Alarm Systems
You will be able to:
- Develop an Alarm Management Philosophy
- Identify alarms
- Rationalize alarms, including classification and prioritization
- Design basic alarms
- Determine when advance alarm techniques should be used
- Document alarms for operations
- Design reports for monitoring and assessment of alarm system performance
- Manage changes to alarm systems
- Audit alarm systems
You will cover:
- The Business Case for Alarm Management
- The Common Problems in Alarm Systems
- The Alarm Management Lifecycle
- Basic Alarm Design
- Advanced Alarm Design
- HMI Design for Alarms
- Monitoring and Assessment
- Management of Change
- Starting Points for Alarm Management
- Sustaining Alarm Management
Lab and Classroom Exercises:
- Philosophy Development
- Alarm Rationalization
- Alarm data analysis
Includes ISA Standard:
- ANSI/ISA18.00.02 Management of Alarm Systems for the Process Industries
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.