- Training and Certification
- ISA Training
- ISA Instructor-Led Training
- Developing and Applying Standard Instrumentation and Control Documentation (FG15)
Developing and Applying Standard Instrumentation and Control Documentation (FG15)
Length: 2 days
CEU Credits: 1.4
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
"The application exercises allowed me to become familiar with P&ID symbology." ~Wesley Van Nieuwenhuyzen
This course will present the methodology for the designing and developing control systems documentation. The development of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and related ISA drawings are emphasized. This course covers both the development and the reading/interpreting of these documents, making it beneficial to engineers, designers, software programmers, system integrators, and technicians.
You will be able to:
- Design, develop, and interpret the documents used to define instruments and control systems for a typical project, including P&IDs, loop diagrams, specification forms, instrument lists, logic diagrams, installation details, and location plans
- Explain the information included on each document
- Plan document development as it relates to project management
- Apply ISA standards for symbols and terminology to documentation
- Describe the relationship of ISO 9000, OSHA process safety management (PSM), and API 750 to control systems documentation
You will cover:
- P&IDs: Definition and Use | ISA Standard Symbols and Identification | Contents and Piping Information | Design and Construction | Developing from Flow Diagrams | Scheduling Considerations | Hazardous Area Considerations
- Instrument Lists: Definition and Use
- Control System Software: PLC/DCS Functional Requirement Documentation Development
- Logic Diagrams: Definition and Use | Symbology | Interpretation | ISA Standards
- Installation Details: Use | Development | Materials of Construction | Valves | Scheduling
- Location Plans: Purpose and Development | Structural Considerations | Electrical and Other Trays | Panel Location
- Loop Diagrams: Purpose | Interpretation | Development | ISA Standards | Scheduling Considerations
- Control Methods: Feedback | Feedforward | Ratio | Cascade | Control Valves
- Standards and Documentation: ISA5.1 - ISA5.6 | ISO 9000 | OSHA | Process Safety System Management | API 750
- Develop diagrams for flow, level, temperature, and pressure loops
- Develop documentation for sample instruments
- Design and develop a P&ID from a flow diagram and process description
- Design and develop logic diagrams
- Develop other project documents
Includes ISA Standards: If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
- ANSI/ISA5.1-2009 - Instrumentation Symbols and Identification
- ANSI/ISA5.4-1991 - Instrument Loop Diagrams
- ANSI/ISA5.06.01-2007 - Functional Requirements Documentation for Control Software Applications
- ANSI/ISA20-1981 - Specification Forms for Process Measurement and Control Instruments, Primary Elements, and Control Valves
- ISA-TR20.00.01-2007 - Specification Forms for Process Measurement and Control Instruments Part 1: General Considerations Updated with 27 New Specification Forms in 2004-2005
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.