Course #: FG05E
Length: 12 Weeks
Course Hours: Online Course - Refer to Syllabus
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
ISA's online instructor-assisted training courses offer the benefit of a high quality ISA training course with the added advantage of studying at your own pace in the office, at home, or while traveling.
This online course utilizes pre-recorded training modules, additional video/simulation modules, as well as e-mail and live discussions. Students will have access via email to an instructor throughout the course, as well as a listserve to communicate with other students in the class.
This online, self-paced course runs for twelve (12) weeks. You will have access to 18 online modules, each taking approximately 60 minutes. Your course syllabus will guide you through the course modules and provide assignments and opportunities to interact with the instructor and other course participants.
This self-paced, online course provide an overview of industrial measurement and control for technician, engineers, and managers providing a basic understanding and foundation for communication with other control systems professionals.
You will be able to:
- Communicate the latest trends in measurement and control
- Recognize the role of measurement and control in industrial processes
- Compare continuous, batch, and discrete control and how they are used in industry
- Interpret measurement and control terminology
- Compare the methods and devices used in temperature, pressure, level, and flow measurement
- Describe the operation and components of a feedback control loop
- Identify the fundamental concepts of controller tuning
- Compare different control system architectures, including single loop controllers, distributed control systems (DCS), and programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Apply ISA standards to interpret symbols and documentation
You Will Cover:
Students are asked to take the pre-exam, which includes questions related to the subject matter areas. Answers will be provided for students to assess their knowledge, prior to beginning the course material.
WEEK 1 -Module 1: Concepts of Process Control
WEEK 2 -Module 2: Documentation
WEEK 3 -Modules 3 & 4: Industrial Measurement Systems (Parts I & II)
WEEK 4 -Module 5: Temperature Measurement (Part I)
WEEK 5 -Module 6: Temperature Measurement (Part II) & Module 7: Pressure Measurement
WEEK 6 -Modules 8 & 9: Level Measurement (Parts I & II)
WEEK 7 -Modules 10 & 11: Flow Measurement (Parts I & II)
WEEK 8 -Modules 12 & 13: Control Valves (Parts I & II)
WEEK 9 -Modules 14 & 15: Feedback Control Strategies (Parts I & II)
WEEK 10 -Module 16: Advanced Control Strategies
WEEK 11 -Module 17: Smart Field Devices & Module 18: Control System Hardware
WEEK 12 -Final Examination
- Course noteset with slides from course modules and course syllabus
Features of ISA CyberU online course:
Online Pre-recorded Course Modules
Your instructor has pre-recorded each course module so that you can access the course presentations on your schedule. Each module is a web/audio session that takes approximately 60 minutes.
Ask the Expert
Interact with your expert instructor, via email throughout the course and through scheduled live Q& A sessions. You can expect a reply to your email within 24 hours. This email address is active during the entire course duration.
The Q&A sessions provide an opportunity for you and your classmates to speak one-on-one with the instructor. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the course material and interact with your fellow classmates.
You will be invited to subscribe to a course listserve that includes course participants. You can use this listserve to post questions and share experience relevant to the course with other class members.
Course Assignments and Exams
- Take the course pre-test before you begin studying the course material to get a better understanding of areas that you will want to focus on more during the course.
- Homework assignments for all modules will be indicated on the syllabus. The homework assignments are designed to help expand your understanding of the course material.
- Complete the final exam for the course in order to receive Continuing Education Units (CEU) credit. The final exam will be taken and scored online. You must receive at least 80% on the course exam to receive CEU credit.
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) credits are awarded to all students who successfully complete the final course exam.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.