Length: 4 days
CEU Credits: 2.8
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This course is specifically designed for the instrument technician who may be struggling with mathematical computations or those who need a basic refresher. The course is focused entirely on fundamental problems and solutions that an instrument tech continuously works with from entry to supervisory level experience. It also provides a good prerequisite for the various math calculations involved in other ISA training courses.
You will be able to:
- Recognize the role that mathematics plays in a technician's daily duties
- Manipulate formulas to obtain unknown value(s)
- Define how and why to linearize an output
- Analyze and define a word problem and its related answers
- Manipulate very large (M, K) and very small numbers (Milli, Micro, Nano, Pico, Femto, Atto)
You will cover:
Mathematical Concepts Used in Solving Instrumentation Questions and Validating Related Data
Logical Analysis Approach to Mathematical Problems
Calculations Regarding: Validating the PV Input/Transmitter Output in Electronic and Pneumatic Instruments | Flow of Product through a Pipe Based on Area and Velocity | Elevated and Suppressed Zero Level Transmitter Corrections | Conversion of Metric Units to English Units and Vice Versa | Proportions, Ratios, and Percentages | Graphs and Logic Tables | Different Number Bases (Binary, Octal, Hex, Scientific Notations) | Density Based on Displacement | Specific Gravity and Density for Solids, Liquids, and Gases | Specific Gravity Affecting Level Measurement | Mathematical Validation of Level Based on Pressure
- Fractions and formula review ratios
- Proportions and percentages
- Large and small number conversions
- Converting between number bases
- Scientific Notations/Steady State Gain
- Conversion of units
A hand-held calculator should be brought to class.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.