Length: 1 day
CEU Credits: 0.7
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
The course focuses on how to apply Safety Instrumented System (SIS) design requirements through adoption of the Safety Lifecycle to Boiler Management Systems (BMS's). We will go over sample risk analysis, Safety Integrity Level (SIL) selection, and SIL verification problems to demonstrate the issues.
You will be able to:
- Identify Safety Instrumented Burner Management Systems
- Explain the differences between a Safety Instrumented Burner Management System and a traditional Burner Management System
- Identify Safety Instrumented Functions associated with Safety Instrumented Burner Management Systems
- Describe the relationship between performance based and prescriptive-based code/standards requirements and their impact on Burner Management System design
You Will Cover:
- Industry Update
- Identify BMS Safety Functions: Risk Analysis-Risk Ranking Methods | SIL Selection | SIL Determination
- BMS Design Considerations: Applying Economic Principles to System Design | Transmitters Versus Switches | Logic Solver Technology Selection | SIL Verification | Functional Testing Requirements
- Requirements for Code and Standard Conformance: Perspective Versus Performance Considerations | What Applies to Your System
- Combustion Control System (CCS) Implications: Separation of BMS and CCS | Communications between Systems
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
- Training and Certification
- ISA Training
- ISA Instructor-Led Training
- Safety Instrumented Burner Management Systems: A How To Primer (ES17PC)