Length: 3 days
CEU Credits: 2.1
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This course reviews the knowledge and skills areas that are included on the Control Systems Engineer (CSE) Professional Engineer (PE) examination produced by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) and administered by US state professional license boards each October. The intent of the class is to prepare an engineer with four or more years of experience to take the exam by providing instruction in the broad range of technical areas that will be tested. . The content is based on the CSE Exam Specification that went into effect in October 2018.
Aside from US, the National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors (NCEES) also offers various professional engineer exams in several international locations including Saudi Arabia, Japan and South Korea, in order to address needs requirements/qualifications of successful applicants to their engineering counsels.
You will be able to:
- Follow the guidelines for taking the CSE exam
- Identify the breadth of the knowledge and skills areas covered
- Apply recognized standards for symbols and documents
- Recognize the basic calculation techniques for measurement devices
- Apply process variable measurements and sensor selection
- Compare the various final control elements/valves
- Explain basic process control loops: their configuration, operation, and performance
- Follow discrete logic in motor and interlock control
- Describe various signal conversion and wiring arrangements
- Compare various installation methods and techniques
- Determine material requirements from physical parameters
- Use safety instrumented basics
- Interpret system scope statements and apply to design needs
You will cover:
- Sensors Technologies Applicable to Various Measurements (Process Variables): Sensor Types | Calibration Ranges | Lineraity | Hysterisis | Repeatability | Elevated and Suppressed Zero Ranges
- Calculations Involved In Process Measurements: Flow | Pressure | Level | Temperature
- Final Control Elements: Valve Types and Styles | Flow Characteristics | Applications | Sizing | Safety Relief Valves
- Fluid Properties: Specific Gravity | Pressure and Temperature Conversion | Reynolds Number
- Signal Types and Transmission Methods: Electronic | Pneumatic | Signal Circuit DesignType, Grounding, Shielding, Installation | Signal Circuit Design (type, grounding, shielding and installation)
- Control Systems: Loop Tuning Methods | Distributed Control Systems | Ergonomics | Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Graphics | Programming (Ladder Logic, Sequential, Function Block)
- Safety Systems: Reliability of Devices | Risk Reduction Factors | Probability of Failure on Demand
- Codes, Standards, and Regulations: Applications and Use | Intrinsic Safety | Hazardous Area Classification
- Practice taking CSE exam-related questions
- Basic experience and background in control systems engineering
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
Includes ISA Text: Control Systems Engineering Study Guide, 6th Edition.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.