Length: 3 days
CEU Credits: 2.1
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
You will gain a practical understanding of control valves, actuators, positioners and accessories through a comprehensive look at the design and application of control valves as the final control element in a process control system. This course will cover the principles and applied mathematics that describe the characteristics and coefficients that are used in the sizing, selection and application of process control valves.
You will be able to:
- Compare various types of final control elements
- Identify the function of the control valve in a typical process control loop
- Identify specific areas where certain valves perform best
- Compare sliding stem and rotary style valves
- Compare spring opposed diaphragm and piston powered actuators
- Apply ANSI/ISA 75 and IEC 60534 standards
- Size valves for incompressible and compressible applications.
- Specify various support hardware such as solenoids, hand wheels and transducers
- Make recommendations for safe and accessible design
You will cover:
- Introduction: Final control elements | Loop Components | Terminology
- Valve Types: Globe | Ball | Plug | Butterfly | Specialty
- Actuators: Spring Opposed Diaphragm | Piston | Vane | Scotch-Yoke
- Comparison: Sliding Stem | Rotary | Hydraulic | Electrical
- Valve Performance: Gain | Performance criteria such as stroking time, flow characteristic, thrust and torque
- The Six Demons: Erosion, Corrosion, Flashing, Cavitation, Velocity, Noise
- Installation and Maintenance: Performance | Safety
- Valve Sizing: Manual | Limited Computer Support
- Specification: The control valve specification document
- Specialty Valves: Available Designs | Applications in Industry
- Measurement Calculation
- Sizing, selection and application of valves for liquid service
- Sizing, selection and application of valves for gas service
- Documentation Identification
Recommended Resources: Control Valve Primer, Latest Edition
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.