Length: 1 day
CEU Credits: 0.7
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This is a one-day seminar. For more complete training please see EI10.
This course will present applications of modern flow measurement systems. In addition, flowmeter accuracy, performance, sizing, specification, selection, and installation considerations are covered. Focus is on productivity improvement and cost efficiencies of measurement and control. Also, you will also focus on whether, when, and how to use the technologies that measure flow; the effect of fluid properties; and engineering practices required to optimize flowmeter performance. This course includes practical examples of flowmeter selection and problem solutions, with emphasis on basic principles or alternative technologies based on class preference.
You will be able to:
- Describe principles of operation on specific flowmeter technologies
- Apply flowmeters in process applications
- Explain the effect of changing process conditions
- Identify installation requirements and recommended practices
- Evaluate flow instrument performance
- Specify and select the appropriate flowmeter for your applications
- Solve typical flowmeter problems
- Analyze calibration methods and the effect of errors on meter performance
- Size flow elements for specific applications
You will cover:
- Engineering Practices: Fluid Flow and Physical Properties
- Differential Pressure Flowmeters: Orifice Plate Flowmeters | Other Technologies
- Magnetic Flowmeters: Construction | Operating Constraints
- Mass Flowmeters: Coriolis Mass Flowmeters
- Oscillatory Flowmeters: Fluidic | Vortex Shedding
- Positive Displacement Flowmeters: Helical Gear | Nutating Disc | Other Technologies
- Ultrasonic Flowmeters: Principles of Operation | Installation Considerations
- Insertion Flowmeters: Available Technologies | Operating Constraints
- Flowmeter Selection: Types | Selection Criteria | Installation Practices and Maintenance Issues
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.