Length: 3 days
CEU Credits: 2.1
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Take Courses EI05 and EI10 and Save!
Combo Price: ISA Member, $2,810, Affiliate Member, $3,160; Community Member/List $3,515
Related Course: Industrial Pressure and Level Measurement Engineering (EI05)
Note: Please contact Customer Service to receive combo pricing.
This course presents the principles and applications of modern flow measurement systems. Emphasis is on flowmeter accuracy, performance, system design, sizing, specification, installation, and maintenance requirements.
You will be able to:
- Describe principles of operation of different flowmeter technologies
- Design a system to make practical and precise industrial flow measurements
- Calculate the effects of fluid properties on flowmeter performance
- Evaluate flowmeter performance statements and compare them with application requirements
- Specify and select the appropriate flowmeters for different applications
- Create installation detail drawings to obtain flowmeter accuracy and performance
- Identify requirements for flowmeter calibration
- Solve typical flow measurement problems
- Perform flowmeter compensation and totalization calculations
- Plan maintenance activities required by different flowmeter technologies
- Illustrate flow and related phenomena (piping hydraulics, Reynolds Number, cavitation, etc.)
- Size flow elements for specific applications
You will cover:
- Introduction: Review of Fluid Properties | Flowmeter Performance | Linearization and Compensation | Totalization
- Differential Pressure Flowmeters: Orifice Plate and Other DP Producing Elements
- Magnetic Flowmeters: Construction | Operating Constraints
- Mass Flowmeters: Coriolis Mass Flowmeters
- Oscillatory Flowmeters: Fluidic | Vortex Shedding
- Correlation Flowmeters: Technologies | Installation Requirements | Performance
- Open Channel Flow Measurement: Weirs | Flumes
- Positive Displacement Flowmeters: Helical Gear | Nutating Disc |Oval Gear | Piston and Other Technologies
- Thermal Flowmeters: Construction | Operating Constraints
- Turbine Flowmeters: Axial | Other Technologies
- Ultrasonic Flowmeters: Principles of Operation | Installation Considerations
- Insertion Flowmeter: Available Technologies | Operating Constraints
- Flowmeter Selection: Criteria
- Determine upstream and downstream piping considerations
- Perform sizing calculations for different types of flowmeters and different process applications
- Select flowmeters for a variety of specific applications and specify installation and calibration requirements
- Specify installation and calibration requirements for different types of flowmeters and applications
- Complete specification sheets for a variety of flowmeters and flow elements
Includes ISA Text: Industrial Flow Measurement, 3rd edition
Includes ISA Standards:
- ISA-20-MAR1981 Specification Forms for Control Instruments, Primary Elements, and Control Valves
- ISA-TR20.00.01-2006 Specification Forms for Process Measurement and Control Instruments Part 1: General Considerations
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form, complete, and return to ISA with your payment.
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.