Understanding Changes in IEC 61511 (EC51VID)
Length: 6 hours
Course Hours: On demand Video Course
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This online, on demand course is a pre-recorded video format taught by a subject matter expert that explains the changes in safety systems standard IEC 61511.
The course discusses what the changes in the standard are and how they will impact SIS design and implementation work practices moving forward. It will bring an SIS practitioner that is familiar with the 2003 version of the standard up-to-date with the current standard in the most efficient way possible.
A variety of online learning activities including flashcards, knowledge checks, pre- and post- quizzes, and a workbook/study guide are in the course.
Key Benefits include:
- Rapid and efficient ramp up to the current version of a standard that many people are already working with.
- Quick reference for changes between the new version of the standard and the older version.
You will cover:
- Overview, Scope and References
- Terms, Definitions, and Abbreviations
- Management of Functional Safety
- Safety Lifecycle and Verification
- And much more…
Who Should Attend:
- Participants in EC50 prior to August of 2018
- SIS Engineers
- Instrumentation and Control Engineers
- Instrumentation and Control Maintenance
- Engineering Management
- Maintenance Management
Understanding and Experience with SIS design using the 2003 version of IEC 61511 or the 2004 version of ISA 84.00.01.
- Pre-Instructional Survey
- Quizzes at the end of all eleven sections
- Interactive Activity
- Post-Instructional Survey
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.