Length: 3 days
CEU Credits: 2.1
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This real-world-based course will give you a broad introductory understanding of the specific issues involved with Building Automation Systems (BAS). You will explore the processes that occur in the building automation industry including digital controls, sensing and measurement, actuation, analog output devices, and relays. Computer interfaces are also discussed including web interfaces. The overall survey of the world of BAS includes: Future of BAS; Digital Direct Control (DDC) Basics; Field Devices; Networking and BAS network protocols, Human Machine Interface (HMI); BAS Design and Specification; Energy Conservation Control Strategies; and System Maintenance.
This course will enable you to identify and describe the major components in a BAS along with the basic mechanical components and controls in an HVAC control system. You will be able to describe and explain the basic functions of DDC systems and HMI basics, reference codes and standards applicable to BAS, and justify control components for project work. This course will help you explain BAS in non-ATC systems (lighting, fire, security, etc.), the process of implementing BAS, and Energy Conservation Control Strategies. You will also learn where to look for additional resources.
You will be able to:
- Identify and describe the major components in a BAS: ATC, Lighting, Security, Fire and Safety, Surveillance
- Identify and describe the basic mechanical components and controls in an HVAC control system
- Describe and explain the basic functions of DDC systems
- Reference codes and standards applicable to BAS
- Describe and explain HMI basics
- Describe networking as used in BAS systems
- Explain the process of implementing BAS
- Explain Energy Conservation Strategies
- Justify control components for project work
- Know where to look for additional references
You will cover:
- Building Automation Overview: History of Building Automation | Building Types and Key Requirements | Current and Future Trends | Delivery of BAS
- BAS Applications: Building HVAC Basics | Space Condition Controls | Air Handler Controls | Central Utilities | Non-ATC Systems | Energy Conservation Control Strategies| BAS Fire/Safety Systems| Security Systems | BAS Surveillance Systems
- BAS System Solutions: DDC Controllers| Field Devices| Space Condition Controls | Air Handler Controls | Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- BAS System Delivery: Design and Specification | Project Engineering | Application Development | Implementation | Maintenance
Not sure this particular course is for you?
A pre-instructional survey is available for you to evaluate your level of understanding of the course material and to show you the types of questions you'll be able to answer after completing the course.
For more information:
Contact us at +1 919-549-8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org to start your company on the path to well-trained employees.