- Training and Certification
- ISA Training
- ISA Instructor-Led Training
- Certified Automation Professional® (CAP®) Exam Review Course (EC00M)
Certified Automation Professional® (CAP®) Exam Review Course (EC00M)
Length: 21 Modules; approximately 21 hours of instruction plus supplemental reading
CEU Credits: 2.1
Certification of Completion: A Certificate of Completion indicating the total number of CEUs earned will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
This is a self-paced, online course consisting of 21 modules which review the knowledge and skills areas included on the CAP examination. The intent is to prepare an automation professional who meets the exam criteria to take the exam. The content is based on the Job Analysis: Domains, Tasks, Knowledge Areas, and Skill Areas developed as the basis for the CAP certification exam.
You will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of earning CAP certification
- Explain the scope of CAP certification
- Recognize the six domains of CAP and that each domain includes specific tasks
- Explain characteristics of the CAP exam
- Discuss measurement concepts in relation to process instrumentation
- Discuss pressure measurement concepts, methods and considerations.
- Discuss level measurement concepts, methods and considerations.
- Discuss temperature measurement concepts, methods and considerations.
- Discuss flow measurement concepts, methods and considerations.
- Click to see all learning objectives
You will cover:
- CAP Basics
- Process Instrumentation
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Continuous Control
- Control Valves and Analog Communications
- Control System Documentation and Control Equipment
- Basic, Discrete Sequencing and Manufacturing Control/Discrete and Sequencing Control
- Motor and Drive Control
- Motion Control
- Advanced Control
- Batch Control
- Alarm Management and Reliability, Safety and Electrical
- Process Safety and Safety Instrumented Systems
- Electrical Installations and Electrical Safety
- Digital Communications
- Industrial Networks
- MES Integration and Network Security
- Operator Interface and Data Management
- Deployment and Operation
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Work Structure
Assignments and Exercises:
- Supplemental reading and practice questions are included.
Course Resources (included with registration):
- Access to 21 modules for one year
- Module Noteset with slides available for each module
- Practice Questions within each module and additional practice questions in pdf format for some modules
Certified Automation Professional Study Guide
More Ways to Learn (Recommended):
A Guide to the Automation Body of Knowledge, 3rd Edition
Edited by: Nicholas P. Sands, PE, CAP, ISA Fellow and Ian Verhappen, P Eng, CAP, ISA Fellow
Modules may be purchased individually.