The following six questions were taken from the CAP® examination question item bank and serve as examples of the question type and question content found on the CAP® examination.
1. The method by which the tasks and hazards associated with a machine or process are analyzed is known as:
A. Risk assessment.
B. Machine assessment.
C. Risk reduction.
D. Risk abatement.
2. To test controller tuning or prototype new control strategies offline, the model should be a(an):
A. Tie-back (loopback) simulation.
B. Artificial neural network.
C. Dynamic process simulation.
D. Steady state process simulation.
3. The temperature measurement with the BEST repeatability and resolution is the:
B. Resistance temperature detector (RTD).
C. Dial thermometer.
D. Capillary system.
4. Which of the following is NOT a variable speed drive setup parameter?
A. Acceleration rate.
B. Motor winding type.
C. Output frequency.
D. Maximum speed.
5. A complete test plan for system integration testing MUST include:
A. Comments for the application programmer.
B. Multiple test cases for each mode of operation.
C. At least five test cases for each test.
D. Expected results for each test case.
6. Frequency of maintenance should be determined by:
A. Failure rates of components.
B. Availability of personnel and parts.
C. Management targets for efficiency and productivity.
D. Effectiveness of maintenance personnel.
Sample Questions Answer Key
|Question Number||Correct Answer||Examination Content Outline|
|1||A||Domain 1, Task 4|
|2||C||Domain 2, Task 2|
|3||B||Domain 3, Task 3|
|4||B||Domain 4, Task 7|
|5||C||Domain 5, Task 5|
|6||A||Domain 6, Task 2|
More sample questions can be found in the InTech Certification Review.