Recognition of your achievements is critical when you seek employment. The ISA CAP Associate program will give you third-party, objective assessment and confirmation of your potential to become an automation professional.
The ISA CAP Associate program provides recognition of the individual's interest and knowledge of automation. Although the CAP Associate program is not a certification program, it provides an additional credential for your resume. Individuals who pass the CAP Associate exam will receive one year of "work experience" credit toward the Certified Automation Professional®(CAP®) eligibility requirements. CAP® applicants who have a four year technical degree must document five years of experience in automation. The CAP Associate would be eligible to sit for the CAP exam after four years of work experience in automation.
Applying for CAP Associate program and testing is easy! Apply online today by paying the application fee.
- Pay online..
- You will be emailed a testing eligibility code within 5 to 10 business days.
- Go to www.prometric.com/ISA and enter your testing eligibility code. You can then choose to take your exam at a Prometric electronic testing center near you or schedule one to be remotely proctored via ProProctor.
- You will receive an email from Prometric confirming your test date and location.
- Report to the testing center or online, with a photo identification, and the confirmation email you received from Prometric.
- You will receive your pass/fail results immediately after testing at the Prometric testing center or by email, if done via ProProctor.
During that process, you will self-certify that you are fully compliant with one of the three education and work experience criteria:
- A 4-year technical degree; or
- A 2-year technical degree and one (1) year of work experience in the automation field; or
- Five years of work experience in the automation field
You can take your exam at a Prometric test center or online via ProProctor, a Prometric service which allows you to take the exam and be monitored by a proctor remotely, in real time, via the internet. Learn more about online testing by reviewing Online Proctoring for ISA Exams FAQs.
Note: This recognition program is not a certification. Those who take the CAP Associate examination may be interested in pursuing the ISA Certified Automation Professional (CAP) certification program once the experience level reaches five years. Successfully completing the CAP Associate exam equals one year of experience good toward the CAP requirements. For more information on the CAP program, click here.