International Society of Automation News Release
Contact: Jennifer Infantino
ISA unveils its all-new website serving members and customers with state-of-the-art design, tools and features
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA (3 April 2014) - The International Society of Automation (ISA) earlier today officially launched its brand-new website, a state-of-the-art, customer- and member-centric portal that delivers a more personalized and satisfying experience in showcasing ISA's products, services, resources and technical information.
Reflecting valuable input from ISA customers, members and partners and involving months of detailed planning and software development, the new isa.org is all-new from the ground up, outfitted with the most advanced technologies, tools, features and capabilities.
Behind the new website is a new best-in-class association management system-similar in purpose to a for-profit company's customer relationship management system-and a new learning management system that enables ISA's training and certification customers to easily register for, participate in, and track progress of their professional development activities.
Improving ease of use are enhanced search and filtering capabilities site wide, a new design with mega-menus that allow users to browse three levels of content deep in the site by hovering over navigation buttons, and an easy, intuitive and fast check-out process for e-commerce.
"At its essence, the new ISA website is all about providing a more valuable, satisfying experience for everyone who visits," says Jennifer Infantino, ISA's Manager of Marketing, Communications, and Corporate Partnerships. "Our former website, while housing a tremendous amount of useful information, didn't make it easy for our customers and members to quickly find what they needed or do what they wanted to do.
"We've designed the new isa.org so that-whether you are an ISA member, customer or partner, another automation industry professional, or a new visitor to the site-your individualized needs, preferences and expectations will be met…quickly and consistently."
Customized microsites: A great benefit for ISA members
Members of ISA sections, technical divisions and committees are now able to build and maintain their own microsites, and their content can be publicized on the main isa.org site to increase attendance at local section meetings and division symposia events and to keep other members updated on their latest news. Each microsite can host document management services (checking in and checking out shared documents in a password-protected environment), blogs, event calendars, social media feeds, and promotional calls-to-action to engage visitors. ISA sections and committees will be working on developing their microsites over the next several months.
New ways to interact and communicate on the new home page
The new ISA home page design features a range of new elements, including:
- The latest news, trending stories and industry happenings
- Quick links to content, resources, products and publications aggregated around a technical topic of interest
- Access to the ISA Members Corner, a new section that provides a variety of useful tools. An ISA member or customer can edit his or her profile, set communication preferences, access digital content items, view meeting registrations and transaction history, and more.
- ISA's social media icons, inviting visitors to connect with ISA on its social channels.
- A section called "Welcome to ISA" that gives a more in-depth introduction to the Society and its mission.
- A news hub with ISA news as well as articles and stories from across industry in the "global news" tab.
- An events center showcasing upcoming ISA events on one tab, and upcoming section and industry events on the "global events" tab.
- An InTech features section, providing easy access to feature stories from the most recent issue of ISA's flagship publication, InTech magazine.
- A direct link to the most recent postings on the ISA Jobs website.
- A recent video from ISA or one of its sponsoring companies, bringing a multi-media flavor to the home page layout.
"For decades, ISA has worked hard to establish itself as the leader in automation and control standards, training and educational resources, events, and networking and professional development opportunities," says Infantino. "Now we have a website that's worthy of our reputation and our capabilities. We encourage everyone to take some time to visit isa.org and rely on it as your destination for all that's automation."
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation (www.isa.org) is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation (www.automationfederation.org).