Owl Performance Management Service
The Owl Performance Management Service (OPMS™) enables users to manage Owl perimeter defense solutions with timely log file and system operating data, providing a global view of monitored systems. Performance, system health, and application status may be examined nearby or remotely via a web-based interface, monitoring and displaying log file information. OPMS-Monitor continuously oversees assigned security solutions for complete visibility while OPMS-Manage enables privileged administrators to perform maintenance tasks in a security solution and, within explicitly defined role limits, to modify configurations.
OPMS provides the ability to oversee the health and effective throughput of a single security device, multiple application instances on a single system, or multiple discrete systems. OPMS provides a browser-based monitoring system with IE 6+, Apache Web server, Mozilla Fire Fox 3+, and Safari 4+ support.
Enabled capabilities and features of OPMS include:
- User authentication and data encryption
- System-level monitoring of load average on Owl Send and Receive servers, CPU utilization, total memory (used and available), and disk availability
- Errors noted from Send and Receive server log files
- Display of connections made during the viewing period specified (real time, last 10 minutes, or continuous)
- Remote management of perimeter defense deployments and solutions
- Web-based graphical display of pertinent log-file data and system health statistics
- File reconciliation between source and destination applications
- Total log-file replication of security solution file transfers
- Automatic email and/or SMS text alerts of anomalous events
- Custom client log support