The Student Section Advisor working with the students should be sure to schedule a planning meeting early enough to allow sufficient time to mail out announcements for the meeting. The group should:
- Obtain a speaker. (Local ISA members may be asked to speak on the field of instrumentation or the benefits of Society membership)
- Prepare the agenda for the meeting.
- Review and add to the potential member list.
- Publicize the meeting. (Local papers, companies, etc.)
- Prepare notice of meeting and mail to first meeting attendees and potential members.
- Follow-up with personal calls.
- Obtain additional promotional materials and membership applications if needed.
- Prepare plan for enrolling new members.
- Prepare plan for obtaining new list of potential members
- Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Report of membership activity:
Total new members
Introduction of attendee
- Discussion of organizational plans:
Advantages of ISA Student Section membership
Question and answer period
Name of Section (The name of the Section should be easily identified, preferably by school affiliation.)
- Speaker's Program
- Closing: Announce date, time and location of next meeting; encourage members to continue their recruitment programs