A student section is a group of student members formed in colleges, universities, institutions, and similarly organized training centers. Each student section operates as an official ISA affiliate per the charter agreement that defines the relationship between the Society and the student section.
The following information must be met and submitted to ISA by the 15th of the month.Eligibility for Petitioning
- At least 50% of the 14 student members and student officers who are not graduating within 12 months from the date of charter
- Professional ISA member on faculty willing to advise the new student section
- Student section operating bylaws in English (any special provisions or modifications to ISA’s recommended regulations requires prior approval)
- Confirmed support from a compliant ISA section
Petition to Charter
- The faculty advisor and acting officers submit a Petition for Charter to ISA Staff
- The District Vice President reviews and submits the petition to the Geographic Assembly
- The Geographic Assembly reviews and approves the petition for official chartering
Please allow 45 days after the submission deadline for notification.
Upon charter approval, the student section must meet the following requirements annually to maintain compliance:
- Comply with ISA policies
- Maintain at least 14 student members
- Have, at a minimum, a faculty advisor, president, and treasurer in good standing and on record with ISA Headquarters
- Hold a minimum of three member meetings each year; student section member participation in local section meetings or events qualifies as a member meeting for the student section
- Submit an annual report by the prescribed dates
If one or more of the requirements are not met as of 1 January, a student section will be deemed non-compliant. These student sections forfeit benefits, including but not limited to, rebates and consideration for Society awards. Non-compliant status will be reevaluated quarterly.