Get involved!—Activity #1:
Host a workplace tour for students
Hosting a workplace tour for students is an excellent way to expose young people to the real world of automation—bridging the gap from conceptual awareness to practical application.
Students can witness first-hand the role and significance of automation in the world today. The experience can energize and inspire them to think about a related industry career.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- How to host a workplace tour as a Project Lead The Way volunteer
- How to host a workplace tour in support of Engineers Week – February 18-24, 2018
- Messaging hints when communicating to students
- Suggestions on how to engage students
- A self-guided tutorial on leading a group of kids through a hands-on engineering experience
- How to spread the word in your community about automation innovations in your field or workplace
Contribute by participating in AF- and ISA-supported activities!
Click on each logo to learn more about how you can support the efforts of these outstanding organizations.
ISA will increase understanding and awareness of automation across all age groups, resulting in enhanced proficiency of automation as a profession.
Get Involved or Share Your Experiences!
Would you or your ISA section like more ideas about how to get involved in STEM activities in your local community? Or, already have some to share? Tell us!
Are you interested in becoming an ISA mentor to students, military personnel transitioning to civilian careers or other adults interested in automation? Take the first step!
Automation Appreciation Month is brought to you by ISA and The Automation Federation