- By Jennifer Infantino Halsey
- October 29, 2018
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina USA (30 October 2018) - Over the past year, the International Society of Automation (ISA) has published ten new consensus standards and technical reports that improve the safety, cybersecurity and efficiency of industrial processes. Prominent among these are several additions to ISA's widely used international standards on industrial automation and control systems cybersecurity and enterprise-control system integration.
At the recent ISA Annual Leadership Conference in Montreal, Quebec, ISA's Standards & Practices (S&P) Department presented annual awards in recognition of outstanding technical contributions and leadership in the development of these standards. The awards were presented by 2017-18 S&P Department Vice President Maurice Wilkins, Ph.D., of Yokogawa to the following:
- Andrew Kling, Director of Cybersecurity and Software Practices, Schneider Electric, and Alex Nicholl, Senior Industrial Security Architect, Rockwell Automation, for their technical expertise and contributions within the ISA99 standards development committee to the development of ISA/IEC 62443-4-2, Security for Industrial Automation and Control Systems - Technical Security Requirements for IACS Components.
- Bill Thomson, IoT Secure Development Lifecycle Technical Leader, Cisco Systems, and Paul Forney, Chief Security Architect, Schneider Electric, for their technical expertise and contributions within ISA99 to the development of ISA/IEC 62443-4-1, Security for Industrial Automation and Control Systems - Product Security Development Life-Cycle Requirements.
- Brad Keifer, Senior Manager, BHP Billiton Ltd, and Bill Poole, CTO, Manufacturing Intelligence, for their expertise and major contributions within ISA95 in the updating of the ISA-95 Parts 2, 4 and 5 standards on Enterprise-Control System Integration.
- Koji Demachi, Marketing Manager & Technical Coordinator, Technical Marketing Department, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, and Andre Britz, Product Manager - Integration, RPMGlobal, for their technical expertise and contributions within ISA95 to the development of ISA-95.00.08, Enterprise-Control System Integration - Part 8: Manufacturing Operations Management Information Exchange Profiles.
- Stan Hale, Senior Director, MRC Global, for his contributions to the development of ISA-TR96.05.01, Partial Stroke Testing of Automated Valves.
- Fred Cain, a long-time ISA75 standards participant and leader who retired last year from Flowserve Corporation, for his decades of leadership and expertise in the advancement of control valve standards.
For more information about ISA standards, www.isa.org/standards.