- June 19, 2017
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The International Society of Automation (ISA) announces it has published a new book designed for operators involved in verifying and calibrating measuring instruments used in ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, ISO 16949 Automotive Quality Management Systems, and AS/EN 9100 Aviation Series Quality Management Systems.
The Calibration Handbook of Measuring Instruments by Alessandro Brunelli, an expert in the measurement and automation of industrial processes, helps guide and manage industrial process measurement, specifically addressing:
- The general concepts for managing measurement equipment according to the ISO 10012 management system of instruments and measurements.
- An instrument's suitability to perform accurate measurements and control the drift to maintain the quality of the measurement process.
- The criteria and procedures for accepting, managing and verifying the calibration of the main industrial measuring instruments.
- The provisions of law and regulations for production and European marking CE of metrological instruments used in commercial transaction and for their periodic verification.
Report templates useful for recording both instrument data and experimental calibration data and for evaluating the conformity of instruments are included on an attached CD. The CD also contains various spreadsheets-in Excel and calibration reports-that automatically calculate errors and the relative measurement uncertainty for determining a calibrated instrument's compliance.
To purchase a copy of Calibration Handbook of Measuring Instruments, click here.
For greater perspective on the value and significance of the new book as well a more detailed overview of its content, read the Q&A feature with author.