- July 05, 2016
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)—a member organization of the Automation Federation—has released the technical program for its upcoming EVI-GTI and PIWG joint conference on Gas Turbine Instrumentation, which will take place 27-29 September in Berlin, Germany.
Drawing on the expertise and insights of some of the world’s leading gas turbine experts and specialists, the technical program will showcase the latest and most innovative instrumentation techniques, developments and applications within gas turbines measurement and control systems. (Click: here for program overview, here to download the full conference program.)
Research presentations and technical sessions will cover the critical issues and topics of importance to gas turbine professionals and process engineers, namely:
- Sensing systems for EHM and control
- Measurements in flows
- Vibration and clearance
- Control and sampling
- Temperature measurement and harsh environment sensing
Other conference highlights include:
- Keynote addresses by: Harvey Niska, Senior Technology Manager, Honeywell Aerospace, USA, who will speak on “Opportunities for Advanced Sensors and Measurements in Gas Turbine Engines;” and Hans-Gerd Brummel, Dr.-Ing, Technical Expert for Innovative Sensor & Data Analytics Development, Siemens, Germany, who will speak on “Sensor, Monitoring and Operation Optimisation Developments for Large Stationary Gas Turbines”
- A workshop on “Transitioning Instrumentation from Test-cell to EHM Applications,” led by international experts from the AFRL, USA, the Polish Air Force, the Netherlands Aerospace Centre and the Bundeswehr Technical and Airworthiness Center for Aircraft (WTD 61), Germany
- Ample networking opportunities, including a conference dinner on board the restaurant ship, Capt’n Schillow, moored close to the heart of Berlin
- Gas turbine demonstrations at technical site visits
To register for this high-value, content-rich event, visit the conference website at www.theiet.org/gti. NOTE: All Automation Federation members can register at the IET Member rate, saving €65 on each registration.