International Society of Automation News Release
Contact: Jennifer Infantino Halsey
Abstract submission deadline for 2016 ISA Process Control and Safety and Exhibition approaching
Submissions due by 22 July 2016
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA (23 May 2016) — The Program Committee of ISA’s 2016 Process Control and Safety Symposium and Exhibition reminds authors, innovators, thought leaders and other professionals in process measurement and control—particularly in the chemical and energy processing and other key process industry sectors—to submit abstracts for presentation consideration at the conference prior to the 22 July deadline.
The 2016 event will again be held in Houston, Texas, USA—widely recognized as a global center for process industry and the oil and gas hub of the US. To be conducted 7-10 November at the Houston Marriott Westchase, the conference will feature a wide range of workshops, tutorials, keynote speakers, paper presentations and exhibits, and is being co-organized by ISA’s Chemical and Petroleum Industries, Communications, Education, and Pulp and Paper divisions.
Central topics for papers and presentations in process measurement and control being solicited include:
- Variability, Instrument Calibration
- Automation and Control Systems
- Flow Measurement Technology
- Field Calibration Technology
- Communications in SIL, ISA100
- Wireless Technology in the Plant Floor
- Field Instrumentations: Wireless, Foundation Fieldbus, and Other Smart Technologies
- Bridging Prices Between SCADA and DCS
- Process Optimization
- Fieldbus Control Systems with Focus on Higher SIL
- Control System Strategies, Advanced Control
- Instrumentation for Floating LNG Facilities
- Automation and Control in Petroleum and Petrochemical Terminals
- System Integrations
- Advanced HMI and Alarm Management
- Data and Document Storage in EDMS and Asset Management
- Troubleshooting, Optimization, and Application in Petroleum and Chemical
- Safety Instrumented Systems
Important details and deadlines
Guidelines for abstract submission:
- 500-word (max) abstract in English shall be submitted by email or online
- Final presentations must be on the official ISA symposium template
- Papers accepted for publication and presentation will require completion of the ISA’s Rights and Responsibilities form
- Authors and speakers in attendance are required to pay registration fee
- Abstracts due by 22 July 2016
- Draft papers due by 27 August 2016
- Final papers due by 30 September 2016
Accepted papers will also be considered for publication in ISA‘s technical journal,
ISA Transactions. All abstracts are to be submitted to: www.xcdsystem.com/pcs. Visit www.isa.org/pcs2016 to receive more details on the symposium as they become available.
The International Society of Automation (www.isa.org) is a nonprofit professional association that sets the standard for those who apply engineering and technology to improve the management, safety, and cybersecurity of modern automation and control systems used across industry and critical infrastructure. Founded in 1945, ISA develops widely used global standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; hosts conferences and exhibits; and provides networking and career development programs for its 40,000 members and 400,000 customers around the world.
ISA owns Automation.com, a leading online publisher of automation-related content, and is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation (www.automationfederation.org), an association of non-profit organizations serving as “The Voice of Automation.” Through a wholly owned subsidiary, ISA bridges the gap between standards and their implementation with the ISA Security Compliance Institute (www.isasecure.org) and the ISA Wireless Compliance Institute (www.isa100wci.org).