Automation Federation News Release
Contact: Jennifer Infantino Halsey
The Institution of Engineering and Technology releases technical program for its 2016 EVI-GTI and PIWG joint conference on Gas Turbine Instrumentation
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA (05 July 2016) — The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)—a member organization of the Automation Federation—has released the technical program for its upcoming EVI-GTI and PIWG joint conference on Gas Turbine Instrumentation, which will take place 27-29 September in Berlin, Germany.
Drawing on the expertise and insights of some of the world’s leading gas turbine experts and specialists, the technical program will showcase the latest and most innovative instrumentation techniques, developments and applications within gas turbines measurement and control systems. (Click: here for program overview, here to download the full conference program.)
Research presentations and technical sessions will cover the critical issues and topics of importance to gas turbine professionals and process engineers, namely:
- Sensing systems for EHM and control
- Measurements in flows
- Vibration and clearance
- Control and sampling
- Temperature measurement and harsh environment sensing
Other conference highlights include:
- Keynote addresses by: Harvey Niska, Senior Technology Manager, Honeywell Aerospace, USA, who will speak on “Opportunities for Advanced Sensors and Measurements in Gas Turbine Engines;” and Hans-Gerd Brummel, Dr.-Ing, Technical Expert for Innovative Sensor & Data Analytics Development, Siemens, Germany, who will speak on “Sensor, Monitoring and Operation Optimisation Developments for Large Stationary Gas Turbines”
- A workshop on “Transitioning Instrumentation from Test-cell to EHM Applications,” led by international experts from the AFRL, USA, the Polish Air Force, the Netherlands Aerospace Centre and the Bundeswehr Technical and Airworthiness Center for Aircraft (WTD 61), Germany
- Ample networking opportunities, including a conference dinner on board the restaurant ship, Capt’n Schillow, moored close to the heart of Berlin
- Gas turbine demonstrations at technical site visits
To register for this high-value, content-rich event, visit the conference website at www.theiet.org/gti. NOTE: All Automation Federation members can register at the IET Member rate, saving €65 on each registration.
About the IET
The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with more than 167,000 members in 127 countries. It is also the most multidisciplinary—to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century.
The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.
For more information, visit www.theiet.org.
About the Automation Federation
The Automation Federation is a global umbrella organization of seventeen (17) member organizations and six working groups engaged in automation activities. The Automation Federation enables its members to more effectively fulfill their missions, advance the science and engineering of automation technologies and applications, and develop the workforce needed to capitalize on the benefits of automation. The Automation Federation is the “Voice of Automation.” For more information about the Automation Federation, visit www.automationfederation.org.