International Society of Automation News Release
Contact: Jennifer Infantino
2015 ISA Process Control & Safety Symposium issues Call for Papers
Abstract submissions due by 21 July 2015
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA (06 March 2015) — The Program Committee of the 2015 Process Control & Safety Symposium has issued a Call for Papers, inviting authors, innovators, thought leaders and other professionals in process measurement and control—particularly in the chemical and energy processing and other key process industry sectors—to submit abstracts for presentation consideration at the conference.
Given the success of the inaugural Process Control & Safety Symposium, which was held in October of last year, the 2015 event will again be held in Houston, Texas, USA—widely recognized as a global center for process industry and the oil and gas hub of the US. To be held 9-12 November at the Houston Marriott Westchase, the conference will again feature a wide range of workshops, tutorials, keynote speakers, paper presentations and exhibits, and is being co-organized by ISA’s Chemical & Petroleum Industries, Communications, Education, and Pulp & Paper divisions.
Central topics for papers and presentations in process measurement and control include:
- Variability, Instrument Calibration
- Automation and Control Systems
- Flow Measurement Technology
- Field Calibration Technology
- Communications in SIL, ISA100
- Wireless Technology in the Plant Floor
- Field Instrumentations: Wireless, Foundation Fieldbus, and Other Smart Technologies
- Bridging Prices Between SCADA and DCS
- Process Optimization
- Fieldbus Control Systems with Focus on Higher SIL
- Control System Strategies, Advanced Control
- Instrumentation for Floating LNG Facilities
- Automation and Control in Petroleum and Petrochemical Terminals
- System Integrations
- Advanced HMI and Alarm Management
- Data and Document Storage in EDMS and Asset Management
- Troubleshooting, Optimization, and Application in Petroleum and Chemical
- Safety Instrumented Systems
Important details and deadlines
Guidelines for abstract submission:
- Authors and speakers in attendance must pay registration fee
- 500-word (max) abstract in English shall be submitted by email or online
- Final presentations must be on the official ISA symposium template
- Papers accepted for publication and presentation will require completion of the ISA’s Rights and Responsibilities form
- Abstracts due by 21 July 2015
- Draft papers due by 25 August 2015
- Final papers due by 20 September 2015
Accepted papers will also be considered for publication in ISA‘s technical journal, ISA Transactions. All abstracts are to be submitted via email to:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.isa.org/pcs2015 to receive more details on the symposium as they become available.
The International Society of Automation (www.isa.org) is a nonprofit professional association that sets the standard for those who apply engineering and technology to improve the management, safety, and cybersecurity of modern automation and control systems used across industry and critical infrastructure. Founded in 1945, ISA develops widely used global standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; hosts conferences and exhibits; and provides networking and career development programs for its 36,000 members and 350,000 customers around the world.
ISA owns Automation.com, a leading online publisher of automation-related content, and is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation (www.automationfederation.org), an association of non-profit organizations serving as “The Voice of Automation.” Through a wholly owned subsidiary, ISA bridges the gap between standards and their implementation with the ISA Security Compliance Institute (www.isasecure.org) and the ISA Wireless Compliance Institute (www.isa100wci.org).