International Society of Automation News Release
Contact: Becky Schneider
ISA Announces Analyzers Track at ISA Automation Week 2011
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA (7 September 2011) - The International Society of Automation (ISA) announced today the offerings of its Analyzers Track at ISA Automation Week 2011: Technology and Solutions Event, which will take place in Mobile, Alabama, USA, 17-20 October 2011, at the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center. The Analyzers Track provides up-to-date information on the use of process analyzers for both environmental and process monitoring and control. Sessions include:
- Gas Chromatography (GC) tutorial, with an overview of GC technologies, principles, and applications
- Advances in Spectroscopy, including on-line near infrared spectroscopy (NIR) and on-line mass spectroscopy (MS) for process monitoring and control
- Environmental and Process Monitoring Issues and Answers, from choosing and installing an environmental monitoring system to the application and use of some specific and popular monitoring technologies
- maximizing pH control system performance, including simple equipment and control systems designs to minimize project and operating costs; rules-of-thumb; key insights for concepts and principles; checklists for design and implementation; essential aspects of electrodes, valves and PID controllers; and much more
- the top three papers from this year's ISA Analysis Division Symposium's Gilmer/Thomason/Fowler/Konrad (GTFK) Awards Program
- training new process analyzer technicians via the Analyzer Technician Opportunities Program (ATOP)
"The ISA Automation Week Analyzers Track is an excellent opportunity for individuals to meet and network with many process analytical industry experts, in addition to improving their knowledge and skills in the specific topical areas being presented," said Analyzers Track Chair, Jim Tatera.
Complete details of each Analyzers Track session are now available online or at www.isaautomationweek.org.
About ISA Automation Week
ISA Automation Week is a technical conference that includes three full days of sessions; poster sessions; a dedicated Technician Day; an expansive Supplier Showcase; technology solutions theaters on the Supplier Showcase floor offering standards briefings, author briefings and supplier presentations; and networking and social events.
ISA Automation Week Partners include ARC Advisory Group, ExperTune, GE Intelligent Platforms, Georg Fischer Piping Systems, Kepware Technologies, Mitsubishi Electric and Schneider Electric. ISA Strategic Partner, Test and Measurement is Fluke Corporation. GE Energy, Honeywell Process Solutions and OSIsoft, LLC are ISA Corporate Partners. For more information about the ISA Corporate Partnerships Program, visit www.isa.org/partnershipsoverview.
For more information about ISA Automation Week, visit www.isaautomationweek.org.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation (www.isa.org) is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards, certifies industry professionals, provides education and training, publishes books and technical articles, and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of the Automation Federation (www.automationfederation.org).