Automation Forum: Call for Papers
The Steering Committee for the 2010 Automation Forum is now accepting abstract submittals for noncommercial instructional presentations and case studies in the following topic areas:
- MES implementations for Recipe management, Batch Control and Data Management: Case studies on the journey toward paperless manufacturing.
- Virtualization: Applications of virtual machines in the software development lifecycle and in the production environment.
- Energy Management: Practical energy management applications & case studies using automation and manufacturing IT in pharmaceutical and biotechnology operations & facilities.
- Convergence of IT and Process Automation systems: What does the automation engineer need to know about IT? What does the IT analyst need to know about process control? How can engineering and IT work together more effectively? Share your success stories!
- Benefits of front end loading and up front project design. Case studies on automation design and development projects, addressing the challenges associated with designing and validating new custom equipment Methods and examples for getting stake holders to engage in the process early providing full thorough review and input on requirements before it's too late.
- System Life Cycle Documentation (SLCD). Explanations, and case studies on SLCD and their purposes.
Eight sessions will be selected from the submittals, with speakers to be notified on May 28. Preference will be given to technical, instructional coverage of the topic. Case studies with involvement by manufacturing representatives will also be preferred. Remote participation of team members via webmeeting is an acceptable option.
Speakers must submit white papers and powerpoint presentations per the following schedule and be able to attend the Forum on December 9 to present the material in a 45 minute session.
- Abstracts (200-500 words) and speaker bios due: May 7
- Steering Committee review and notification of acceptance due: May 28
- Draft papers due for review: August 27
- Final papers due: October 1
- Draft PowerPoint presentations due: October 15
- Final PowerPoint presentations due: November 19
Send submittals, questions, and comments to the Steering Committee c/o Vince Miller (email@example.com) and Jim Bufano (firstname.lastname@example.org).
View the call for papers PDF for more information.