Over the past year, ISA has published 10 new consensus standards and technical reports that improve the safety, cybersecurity, and efficiency of industrial processes. Prominent among these are several additions to ISA's standards on industrial automation and control systems cybersecurity and enterprise-control system integration.
At the ISA Annual Leadership Conference in Montreal, Quebec, ISA's Standards & Practices (S&P) Department presented annual awards in recognition of outstanding technical contributions and leadership in the development of these standards. The awards were presented by the 2017-18 vice president of the S&P Department, Maurice Wilkins, PhD, of Yokogawa, to the following:
- Andrew Kling, director of cybersecurity and software practices, Schneider Electric, and Alex Nicoll, senior industrial security architect, Rockwell Automation, for their technical expertise and contributions within the ISA99 standards development committee to the development of ISA/IEC 62443-4-2, Security for Industrial Automation and Control Systems - Technical Security Requirements for IACS Components.
- Bill Thomson, IoT secure development lifecycle technical leader, Cisco Systems, and Paul Forney, chief security architect, Schneider Electric, for their technical expertise and contributions within ISA99 to the development of ISA/IEC 62443-4-1, Security for Industrial Automation and Control Systems - Product Security Development Life-Cycle Requirements.
- Brad Keifer, senior manager, BHP Billiton Ltd, and Bill Poole, CTO, Manufacturing Intelligence, for their expertise and major contributions within ISA95 in the updating of the ISA-95 Parts 2, 4, and 5 standards on Enterprise-Control System Integration.
- Koji Demachi, marketing manager & technical coordinator, Technical Marketing Department, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, and Andre Britz, product manager - integration, RPMGlobal, for their technical expertise and contributions within ISA95 to the development of ISA-95.00.08, Enterprise-Control System Integration - Part 8: Manufacturing Operations Management Information Exchange Profiles.
- Stan Hale, senior director, MRC Global, for his contributions to the development of ISA-TR96.05.01, Partial Stroke Testing of Automated Valves.
- Fred Cain, a long-time ISA75 standards participant and leader who retired last year from Flowserve Corporation, for his decades of leadership and expertise in the advancement of control valve standards
Alex Nicoll (left) receives award from Maurice Wilkins, PhD, 2017–18 ISA S&P Department vice president
For information about ISA Standards, please visit www.isa.org/standards.
We want to hear from you! Please send us your comments and questions about this topic to InTechmagazine@isa.org.