Certified Control System Technicians (CCSTs) calibrate, document, troubleshoot, and repair/replace instrumentation for systems that measure and control level, temperature, pressure, flow, and other process variables.
In logical analysis troubleshooting, which step comes immediately after the first step: Identify and define the problem-?
A. Implement a solution or conduct a test.
B. If the problem is not resolved, reiterate until the problem is found and resolved.
C. Gather information about the problem.
D. Evaluate the information/data.
The correct answer is C, Gather information about the problem.- Once a problem is identified, data must be gathered and analyzed to determine a viable set of potential actions and solutions.
The logical analysis troubleshooting method consists of (in order):
1. Identify and define the problem.
2. Gather information about the problem.
3. Evaluate the information/data.
4. Propose a solution or develop a test.
5. Implement the solution or conduct the test.
6. Evaluate the results of the solution or test.
7. If the problem is not resolved, reiterate until the problem is found and resolved.
8. If the problem is resolved: document, store/file, and send to the appropriate department for follow up if required.
Reference: Goettsche, L.D. (Editor), Maintenance of Instruments and Systems, Second Edition, ISA, 2005.
We want to hear from you! Please send us your comments and questions about this topic to InTechmagazine@isa.org.